101-105

Chapter 101

     The atmosphere in the room froze in an instant.

It should have been a scene that made people blush and their hearts race, but when it was said by the person in front of them, there was no longer a trace of ambiguity, only the embarrassment and danger of being seen through.

He Yan quickly regained his senses and looked at him. The "fear and nervousness" that belonged to the young Cheng Li Su faded away, and he revealed his usual smile. "You can call me whatever you want, as long as the Governor is happy."

"The daughter of He Sui, the Gate Commandant, actually came to join the army." He stared into He Yan's eyes with a smile that was not a smile. "Lady He is very brave."

This person … He Yan's mind moved. Since he even knew He Sui's name, it was obvious that he was secretly investigating him, and it was not because he was exposed at the Sun manor. From Shuo capital to here, even if a messenger pigeon was sent at top speed, it would still take more than a month. Xiao Jue had long suspected him? Why was this?

The young man smiled. "I did not expect the Governor to pay so much attention to me. I am ashamed."

He Yan's face did not show any panic. Even if he was surprised, it was just a flash. Even now, if it was a normal woman, her clothes were pulled open and her identity exposed, she would probably be ashamed and angry. This person, on the other hand, looked like he did not care at all, and his heart was bigger than a man's. Perhaps it was because of this that from Jingcheng to Liangzhou, and even after staying in the Liangzhou Guards for so long, no one discovered that he was a woman.

When Xiao Jue received the secret letter from Shuo capital, she could not believe it. The Gate Commandant did have a child called He Yan, but it was a daughter, not a son. He also had a younger son called He Yunsheng. Half a year ago, He Yan's daughter was killed by thieves on a boat on the Chunlai River. She sank into the river, and her body was still not found. According to the time, it was the day that He Yan joined the army.

But for a woman to come out and join the army without being discovered for one or two days, and be safe and sound for more than half a year, it was either that the people around her were blind, or that this person was too good at disguising. Xiao Jue was not blind. Thinking carefully about the moment when she interacted with He Yan, she felt that this person was very good at disguising himself.

She was born delicate and weak, and her figure was small and thin, but people would not associate her with a woman. This was because no ordinary woman would be so casual about trifles. Moreover, she was one of the best in the Liang Province Guards.

"Why did you come to the Liang Province Guard?"

He Yan thought quickly and replied, "I committed a crime in Shuo Jing. If I was caught, I would be dead. I had no choice but to join the army."

"What is it?"

Even now, this person still did not believe her. She had clearly investigated everything. He Yan sighed, "There was a young master from a wealthy family who coveted my beauty. He kidnapped me and wanted to take me as his wife. Unfortunately, an assassin came and took his life. If I stayed on the ship alone, I wouldn't be able to explain myself. Perhaps others would think that I was in cahoots with the assassins. I had no choice but to join the army. "