ᴏʜᴍɴᴀɴᴏɴ

My brothers best friend

Amidst the summer vibes of Bangkok, a pulsating energy seemed to permeate everything – the perfect backdrop for emotions that ran deeper than expected. Nanon stood on the rooftop terrace of his brother Tay's apartment, gazing at the city's nighttime panorama. The city lights stretched before him, while thoughts of Ohm, his brother's best friend, stirred his heart with unrest.

Ohm had always been an integral part of Nanon's life. They had laughed together, argued, and experienced countless adventures side by side. But lately, something had changed. Nanon could no longer ignore his feelings – he had fallen deeply in love with Ohm. It was as if his heart beat faster whenever he was near Ohm, and every accidental touch sent flutters through his core.As Tay's birthday celebration was in full swing, Nanon observed Ohm from a distance. Ohm laughed heartily at a joke someone made, and his eyes shone in a way that quickened Nanon's heartbeat. Yet Nanon was afraid. Afraid that his feelings could jeopardize their decades-long friendship. But he could no longer suppress these emotions.

The warm breeze brushed against Nanon's skin as he finally decided to approach Ohm. His heart pounded so loudly in his chest that he thought everyone could hear it. Ohm noticed him and greeted him with a warm smile.

"Hey Nanon, you look pensive. Everything alright?" Ohm inquired, his expression showing concern.Nanon swallowed hard and forced himself to meet Ohm's gaze directly. "Ohm, there's something I've wanted to tell you for a long time."Ohm raised an eyebrow, curious but still smiling. "What is it?"Nanon took a deep breath. "I've fallen in love with you, Ohm. I know it's complicated, but I couldn't keep it to myself any longer."Ohm's smile slowly faded, and he looked at Nanon intensely, as if searching for words. "Nanon, that's... surprising."Nanon lowered his gaze, the weight of his confession feeling overwhelming. "I understand if you can't or don't want to reciprocate. I just needed to tell you because I can't keep lying."Ohm gently placed his finger under Nanon's chin, lifting it so their gazes met again. "You should've told me much earlier, Nanon.""What do you mean?" Nanon asked, puzzled.Ohm smiled softly. "I've noticed for a while now that there's something more between us. And I've wondered if you'd ever find the courage to address it."Nanon's heartbeat quickened once again, this time with joy and relief. "Really? You feel it too?"Ohm nodded. "Yes, Nanon. I feel it too."

Nanon placed his hand over Ohm's. "Let's figure out where this could lead. Together."

They both entered Nanon's room and began to kiss each other, with caution and passion.

The warmth of a new day seeped through the curtains, casting a gentle glow into the room where Nanon and Ohm lay intertwined in each other's arms. Their peaceful sleep was a respite from the outside world, a world that would now collide with their fresh love. As the sun rose higher, the bedroom door creaked open, revealing Tay standing in the doorway, his face a mix of shock and anger.Nanon and Ohm stirred, gradually becoming aware of their surroundings. Nanon's eyes opened first, and as he saw Tay's face, his heart sank. He nudged Ohm gently, who also awakened, confusion clouding his expression until he recognized Tay's disapproving gaze."Tay?" Nanon's voice trembled with surprise as he sat up, realizing the extent of the situation.Tay's jaw tensed, his fists clenched at his sides. He took a deep breath and struggled for words. "I can't believe this... You're sleeping with my little brother, Ohm."Nanon's chest tightened, and he too sat up, the sheets gathering around his waist. "Tay, I'm so sorry. We never intended for you to find out like this."Ohm ran his hand through his hair, his face reddening with embarrassment and regret. "This isn't how we wanted you to find out."Tay's anger seemed to intensify as he tried to control his emotions. "Do you have any idea how this looks? You're my best friend, Ohm. How long has this been going on between you two? Disgusting, I can't even look at it anymore." Tay stormed out of the room, with Nanon following after him."Tay, our feelings for each other, they just... happened. We didn't plan any of this."Tay's expression darkened, his voice tense. "I need some time. I need to process all of this."

Days passed in agonizing anticipation as Nanon and Ohm grappled with the consequences of their actions. Tay remained distant, his pain palpable in every interaction. It was a painful reminder of the price their love had exacted—the risk of losing a friendship they had cherished for years.One evening, after tensions had escalated to unbearable levels, Tay finally approached them. His expression was softer, his anger seemed to have given way to a kind of resignation. "I've had some time to think."Nanon and Ohm exchanged glances, hope and concern wrestling within them.

Tay sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I can't deny that I don't exactly approve of this between you two. But I also can't deny how much you both mean to me."Tay's gaze softened as he looked at them both. "I don't want to lose either of you. I don't fully understand this. I have just one request, don't kiss in front of me like you probably did that one night."Ohm and Nanon exchanged a meaningful look before turning back to Tay. "We promise."