one

ARABELLA'S POV

On hour 4 of rummaging through my closet to pack for a 4-day getaway that starts tomorrow. Oh, the procrasination. I can't seem to stick to the outfits I've already picked out. Everything has to be perfect! I have to plan everything, down to what I'll be wearing to sleep. Even though I won't be gone for long, I need to have at least 15 outfits. I love being a woman! My thoughts are interrupted when the music playing on my bluetooth speaker suddenly pauses and my phone lights up as a call from my best friend, Kacey, comes through.

"Hey girl, hey!" I hear as soon as I press 'answer'.

"Hi babe! What's up?" I respond.

"Not much, just wanted to let you know that I'll be on my way soon. Just gotta start packing up my car." she exclaimed excitedly.

"Okay cool, I'll be here. Don't judge me for the mess you're gonna walk into when you get here." I chuckle.

"Still packing?! Girl, when will you learn to do things way ahead of time?"

"You know me, I have to narrow everything down before I shut my suitcase until we arrive. Everything-"

"Has to be perfect, I know." she cut me off. I giggled, listening to her sigh on the other end.

"Exactly. Well, I'm almost done. Let me know when you get here so I can open my garage for you.......Sounds good. See you soon, bye!" I hang up the phone and get back to what I was doing.

About an hour goes by and I finally figured out my outfit choices. Leaning and bending over to pack really took a toll on my back. I got up from the floor to stretch it out and notice Kacey's car headlights shine through my bedroom window. I open the garage and head downstairs to greet her. She parks and jumps out the car with a huge smile on her face.

"How'd you know I was here?" she said.

"I don't know, it's like I have a spidey sense when it comes to you." I joked. We embraced in a hug and I led her inside.

"So, I'm almost done here. I just gotta pack my makeup and hair tools." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Don't forget to pack sunscreen and sunglasses. It's gonna be a hot, sunny weekend." she said, leaning up against my kitchen island.

"I know, I can't wait to just lay out on the beach and be drunk with my bestie on her 25th birthday!" I exclaimed. I pulled out a few shot glasses and a bottle of Don Julio.

"You just read my mind." she gasped.

We take a few shots and head over to my room, so I can finish packing. I didn't have much left. Just my favorite makeup brushes, lip liners, blushes and bronzers. I don't plan to wear a lot of makeup so this is the easy part.

"So, how are you feeling?" Kacey asked as she laid back on my beanbag chair.

I sighed. Kind of unfortunate to be going through a break-up right before vacation.

"I've been a bit up and down for a few days, but I'll be okay. I think this vacation is gonna make me feel better. Not only will I be away from this hell hole and not reminded of him, but being with you will make everything better." I smiled softly.

"So true. I told you Aaron was a scumbag, I wish you would've just listened to me." she said, as she sipped on her White Claw. I gave her a look and she shrugged. "Sorry. I shouldn't lecture you."

"It is what it is." I exasperated, looking away.

I finish packing my bags and we decide to pack my car up with both of our suitcases. It looked like we were moving to a different country with the amount of luggage we both packed. Great minds think alike.

Kacey and I head back inside to prepare for bed. Unfortunately, we have an early flight but that just means more time spent on the island. I set about 5 alarms to wake up, making sure I have enough time to hop in the shower before we head to the airport. Before heading to my guest room, Kacey let me know that she invited a few more friends on the trip. A worried look washes over my face.

"Don't worry, they're cool! Also, they'll meet us up at the airport, so you don't have to pick them up or anything!" she said.

"Okay, if they're cool with you, then they're cool with me." I smile softly.

"I'm so lucky to have a friend like you!" she says, as she hugs me one last time for the night.

As she walks down the hall, I let out a sigh. I'm not gonna tell her who she can and can't invite, especially on her special trip, but now I'm anxious about meeting her friends and being stuck on an island with them for a weekend. What if they don't like me?

Oh well! In about 12 hours from now, I'll be in paradise and I can't wait.