four

ARABELLA'S POV

I join Dominic in his cabana. He introduces me to a few of his friends. The vibe is very chill and I'm surprised that I don't feel awkward at all. His friends had a bottle at the table and poured some shots for all of us.

"I don't want to intrude. If you'd like, I can give you some mon-"

"Don't you even dare. I invited you over. You're welcomed here. Mi casa es su casa or whatever." Dominic laughs. What a sweetheart.

"This is technically not a house, but I appreciate you for being some welcoming." I giggle. We take back another shot and this one went down so smooth. I can feel my cheeks heating up as the liquor starts to settle in. Dominic and I talks for a few minutes. The more we talk, the more attracted to him I am. He's a musician here on a random vacation, spending time with his closest friends. I would love to be able to live that type of life.

My phone vibrates in my lap. Kacey is calling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Where'd you go? I don't see you at the bar top." she says on the other end.

"My new friend invited me to his cabana. Look to your right!" I respond, waving my hand in the air as I look over at her looking around for me. She spots me and nods at me. Dominic wraps his arms around my shoulder and waves at them.

"Come over, we have drinks. Bring your friends!" he says into my phone. Kacey's face lights up and she skips over to the cabana.

"Hi ladies!" I greet.

"Hi everyone, my name is Kacey. These are my friends, Julie and Sammie." she says as the girls walk over and sit on the other side of Dominic. He shakes all of their hands respectfully and pours them some welcome shots. I pour myself some water and sit back as Kacey begins talking to Dominic.

I look off into the distance, feeling a bit isolated. She didn't even say hi to me personally, it's like I'm not even here right now. I'm mesmerized by the ocean and all of the people in the water. My attention is immediately drawn to a guy riding a jet-ski. Even from a mile away, I notice how many tattoos he has all over his body. Something about tattoos really make me go heart-eyes. I love that people get art on their bodies that lasts forever.

The guy pulls onto the shore and we make eye contact as he hops off the jet-ski. I must've been staring at him hard enough for him to feel my eyes on him. For a second, it was like we were the only people on the island. It was like something out of a movie. He smirks at me and I melt inside. My thoughts were interrupted when Dominic turned his attention back to me.

"Can I get you anything right now, beautiful?" he asks. I grab a cup and fill it with some pineapple juice.

"Pour some up for me, handsome." I say, extending my cup out in front of him. He does as I ask, pouring some liquor into my cup and pours a shot straight into his mouth. We laugh together and I notice Kacey is kind of glaring at me. I think nothing of it and continue my conversations with Dominic. She begins chatting with her friends too.

About an hour goes by and I am drunk. This is exactly what I was waiting for. I stand up, adjusting my bikini bottoms.

"Do you guys wanna get in the water?" I ask the group. Kacey, Julie and Sammie shrug and say they would prefer to get out there and tan. A few of the girls in the group agree and they all go over to the shore, resting some towels in the sand and laying on them. A few others decide to join me in the water, while the rest continue hanging out and drinking.

As I walk over to the water, I notice the jet-ski guy walking to the bar. He is attractive up close too. We make eye contact as we pass each other and I smile kindly at him. Dominic grabs my hand and we run into the water together.

"I don't know about you, but I'm drunk." he laughs. I giggle and nod excessively. He laughs at me and pulls me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his torso and look up at him. He really is cute and I feel butterflies as I look into his eyes.

"So what are your plans tonight?" he asks. I shrug.

"Honestly, no idea. I think we're just hanging out tonight. What about you?"

"We're going to a club tonight. If you're up for it, you and your girls could join us again." he smiles.

"That sounds like a blast. I'm sure they would love that." I say. "Well, I know Kacey would."

"And the others?" he questions.

"I don't know, to be honest. I just met them today. But, I know how Kacey is. She's the life of the party, so I can't imagine that she'd hang out with boring people." I said.

"I noticed the separation." he says, rubbing the back on his neck.

"Yeah, I guess so. She's just catching up with them, so I don't mind." I awkwardly laugh.

"Well, you're a good friend." he smiles, tucking a hair behind my ear. I start blushing and look away. I catch Kacey and her friends looking over at us. I can't see what kind of expression they have on their faces, but for some reason, it doesn't feel like it's a good look.