confession

Your days after that passed by quietly without any events. During the days you would ride to school, sit through the boring hours of lessons and tasks.  You awaiting the end to draw near. Afterwards you would stop by some lunch before hurrying to work. You didn't attend any extracurricular activities, nor did you hang out with friends after school. You didn't exactly talk a lot with other people, but had a few friends you could talk to and spend the breaks with.

All in all, your school life was average.

Rin and you were in different classes, so it wasn't that uncommon to not see him throughout the week. At least that's what you thought until you sat in Aono-sensei's class and noticed the absence of the raven-head in class.

«Haaa... The mood is so down without Rin-chan here.» One of your friends next to you whispered and you trembled at her sudden closeness.

«Rin...-chan?» You whispered back in mild confusion. «As in Itoshi-san?»

«Jup! And here I was taking chemistry just for him. I thought I could see him like this every once in awhile.» She said with an exasperated sigh.

You twitched. «Isn't this too extreme? I didn't even know you liked-» You shut down when you noticed the glare your teacher threw at you and waved in apology.

You returned back to paying attention to class and tried to ignore the swirling questions in your head.

«It's not like that. I was just thinking what it's like being born as a genius' brother.»

«Isn't he a genius himself? If he heard you it would be an insult.» You wondered. When your friend heard this, she suddenly stiffled a laugh.

«What are you even saying? Don't you know that Rin totally adores his brother? Rin doesn't show his emotions much and doesn't react a lot but once you mention his brother's name, Rin would open up and look pleased.» You raised your eyebrows at that.

Come to think of it, it wasn't like Rin was a complete stranger to you. Aozora had been around since the time you were born. Your parents often took you to the beach near the Café. It was a good spot to hang out.

It was a beautiful summer around five years ago. You were eleven and went to one the vendors near the streets to get some candies and ice cream from there. Since your parents were busy with work, you were left on your own.

Of course there wasn't anything to worry about since the vendor was right down the stairs that led up the hill towards the cliff Aozora was located at. Below the blue skies, with the shore and sea beneath; a place close to the sky - that's how Aozora got its name.

You skipped down the stairs in a hurry and passed by the familiar stores. You took a step inside the climatized building and immediately went for the freezer. You stood for awhile thinking about what kind of flavor you'd want until you notice two shadows from behind you.

You turned around and gazed into two teal-colored eyes. They were two young teens with similar appearances and unique looking under eyelashes - a very uncommon trait for a boy. You didn't recognize them and figured that they were just passing by and enjoying a day out at the beach below or something.

«Sorry.» You said and stepped aside so the two could gain access to the freezer.

«Hey Rin, lend me some money.» You heard the red-haired one speak as he shoved aside the lid and grabbed into the freezer picking up two popsicles of the same flavor.

«Eh? Again, Nii-chan? Aren't you Sae, The Greatest of All. Where's your money?» The kid called Rin replied with a small whine, but you could see that he wasn't really hating it. Despite saying that, the kid called Rin was already rummaging through his pocket in search of the money.