no. 1

a//n: shit is now gonna go the FUCK down🔥 oh and alot of the dialouge is word 4 word HNAAH
(warnings 4 this: drinking + smoking if u feel uncomfy with allat🔥)

EXT. RANDO'S HOUSE -- NIGHT
----------------------------------------------------------

Alex sat on the stairs of the porch, staring off into the distance and watching as cars passed by, the smoke from the blunt he was holding wafting up into his face, and away from him when he took a drag and blew it out into the open air. The only soundtrack, or ambience if that's what you want to call it, was the loud party music from inside the two-story house behind him, and he could only imagine the chaos. He wondered how long it would take for Brian to get severely overwhelmed by it and come rushing outside, leaving Jay and Tim like Alex did while they weren't looking.

"I'm just goin' to get a drink," he had said, and they didn't seem to really care as he left them there in the midst of it all. The lights and noise had gotten too much for him. Though he knew it was probably worse for Brian, and he wanted him there with him, but also didn't. He also hoped he wouldn't get followed out there by some girl who found him weirdly attractive even though he seemed to be the ugliest motherfucker in the school. Brian wasn't. He never was.

The door behind him swung open after a while, possibly ten minutes, and he almost thought it was some girl ("I told you not to follow me here, what do you need?" he had almost said) until he saw Brian rushing over to a tree, panting heavily. He watched as he stood there bent over, possibly trying to relax or is currently vomiting. He didn't care which. He watched as Brian tossed a glass bottle onto the cement sidewalk from the porch to the road, the glass shattering easily and spilling liquid everywhere while Brian slumped all the way onto the grass, sitting by the tree.

"What are you doing?" Alex called out, even though he wasn't even that far away. "Recoverin'," Brian replied, his voice slurred and exhausted. Alex made a soft humming sound while he put out the blunt onto the cement stair underneath his feet, Brian making his way over to him. He stood (and leaned) by the wooden, scratched up pole that kept the roof over the porch up, before sighing and sitting down, still leaning against the pole.

"You seem fucking wasted, man," Alex said, gazing at Brian almost longingly. He still couldn't understand his feelings for him, whether they were platonic or romantic, he didn't know. "Iz b'cus I am," Brian slurred, his eyes closed tightly. Alex bit the inside of his lip. He knew this was the reason they all knew Brian never really liked going to parties. He was afraid he'd get addicted to the alcohol the way his ma did, and a lot of past family members. He didn't want a liver failure and pass away like they all did. But he was addicted to weed, so he didn't get why he wasn't afraid of getting lung cancer.

"So, uh, tell me something," he began, looking at Brian again the minute he gained his attention, almost feeling his heart skip a beat when they made subtle eye contact. Brian then found something else to look at. "Why'd ya choose to hang out with this guy anyway? He seems kinda weird."

Brian scoffed at what he said, rolling his eyes. "You shouldn't be talkin'. Literally no one in the school likes us," he replied, glancing over at him. He had a point. Brian was getting mocked for being openly queer, as was Jay. Tim? He wasn't so sure. He didn't like being that open about his issues. "Besides, it wasn't even my idea. Seth was told by Sarah and he went and told me, yadda yadda yadda."

Alex could've sworn he'd mumbled something under his breath, but it was in some other language (maybe his primary one) so he couldn't understand it. "Makes sense, I guess," he mumbled, turning away and staring at the ground again. They sat in silence for what felt like a long while, each in his own thoughts while the music from the house behind them blared, and the cars rushed past in front of them, while owls hooted occasionally. "Y'know, people are makin' rumors 'bout Sarah being a slut for some reason," Brian said quietly, still gazing off into the distance. He always seemed to be in the center of his own universe. Alex didn't mind.