「VOL 1 | Prologue: Death And Reincarnation」

Reader: Do u just randomly make them say things or do u just want the word count to go up?

Me, not an intellectual: There is no in-between.

Reader: What?

........

"Reincarnated... as a slime?"

It was just your typical kind of life. I graduated from college, landed a job at a sort-of-big general contractor outfit, and with my older brother taking care of our parents for me, I was currently enjoying all the myriad benefits of the bachelor-pad life. Age thirty-seven. No significant other.

( a/n : Mikami Satoru is hot in his past life fr )

"Oh, it's actually..." Rimuru mutters, "...Me from my past life."

Although he may have given out the fact that he was an otherworlder, he didn't give out what his name was before in his past life. Well, he was not 'Satoru Mikami' but 'Rimuru Tempest' now. No use anyway in saying it. What is he going to do anyway? travel back in time to save his old self? Impossible. 

"Really?" That perked up Benimaru. 

Rimuru murmurs a small, "Mm."

"Yeah..." Veldora sighed at Rimuru, looking over to him with a bored look. "Watching your life is fun, but I still can't believe those thre—" Veldora gets interrupted by Rimuru with a hand in his mouth.

Well, it's not like the creator is gonna make us watch my lewd fantasies. Rimuru thought, sweating again if slimes were able to.

I wasn't exactly short or frumpy or hideous or anything. But when it came to the opposite sex, apparently I had nothing to offer. 

...Oh. Raphael? I feel like I'm being insulted by myself.. 

How can I be so blunt admitting this?...

< ... >

I'd made efforts along those lines, with varying degrees of dedication, but by the third rejection, something fizzled out within me. Besides—really, at this age, I was kinda past the point where a girlfriend needed to be my main focus. 

"...Third rejection, really? Rimuru-sama, your not gentlemanly than I remember!" Gobta laughs, already snickering at the video that he had seen that was basically Rimuru's past life.

"Gobta... Now now, haven't you had gotten your recent rejection, by the time we were prepared for the war?" Rimuru frowns at him.