Chapter 2 - Darling

P.O.V Pete

The first thing I noticed when I began to wake up, was the excruciating headache I was experiencing at the moment. It really felt like my head was splitting in two. My first instinct was to touch my head, but I groaned when I could not move my hands easily. I opened my eyes a little and soon noticed that both my hands were tied together with handcuffs, tied to a long chain which was attached to the wall next to me. I was laying on a mattress, which was shoved in a corner, as far away from the door as possible. I was grateful for this.

I could feel that my head probably had been bandaged. The pain was still very prominent and I could feel a slight pressure against the wound, which I could only assume was a bandage or a band aid. The next thing I noticed was that I was still wearing the same clothes as when I first left. This gave me some comfort, knowing that probably nothing happened while I was unconscious. Or at least, this is what I hoped.

I sat upright on the mattress, and sat as far in the corner as I possibly could. I was immensely tired, but the fear I was experiencing at the moment was way bigger than the tiredness I was feeling. I was very thirsty and had the feeling I really was starving. How long was I out for?

I tried my very best to stay as calm as possible. Anxiety is not going to help me now. I have to stay calm and find a way to escape this place, before the men come back. I got up from the corner I was sitting in and tried to walk. I didn't come very far because of the heavy chain and I was really dizzy the moment I stood upright. I stumbled a bit but then I sat back down and tried my best not to cry. It will be of no use anyway.

'Okay, Pete, you have to stay calm now. Panicking won't get you anywhere. Just do as they say and you will be fine.' I was mumbling to myself, trying to calm myself down. Or maybe I have already gone insane. So I stayed in the corner of the room. Mumbling random things and searching for a way to escape. There were no windows in the room, so I had no way of climbing outside and escaping that way. I also had no way of knowing what time it was.

I almost jumped out of my skin the moment I heard the lock on the door being opened. I watched the door open and the man, from what I assume was yesterday, stepped in the room. He turned on the bright lights and I could almost scream because of the pain it brought in my head. I clasped my tied hands on my head as tightly as possible, wishing for the pain to go away, ignoring the horrid cling the chains made when I moved them. It made me even more nauseous, if that is possible.

I flinched when I heard the man speak. 'Do the lights hurt your head? I can turn them off again if you want to. You just have to answer a few questions.'

His voice sounded so deep, it made me shiver. Had he just woken up? Wat was the time anyway? I really wished there would have been windows in the room I was currently in. I decided to ignore him, wishing he would go away. Sadly, that didn't happen. I looked up from the floor when I heard slow footsteps coming my way. They stopped a few feet in front of me and he sat down on the floor. I was finally brave enough to actually look his way. He was once again wearing an all black outfit. The blouse he was wearing had a few buttons open, showing the upper part of his chest. He was holding a bottle of water. Is that for me? I really wanted to drink, but I didn't dare ask for it. I was way too frightened of the man in front of me.

'If you answer these questions honestly, I promise I won't hurt you and you can have the bottle of water. You have been unconscious for almost two whole days, so I assume you are thirsty?' Once again I didn't answer. And even if I wanted to answer, I don't think I could. My throat feels like it is made of sandpaper, every time I try to swallow.

'Alright then I will just take that as a yes. Just answer my questions and don't be difficult, darling. You will be fine that way. Otherwise I cannot guarantee anything. Oh, and I will know when you are lying. Just so you know. First an easy question. Who are you and what do you do for a living?'