Part 6 - Jess knows, and a new friend

Yep, that last month has been hectic, but not a lot had changed, other than how Miguel acts when he are alone. He'll grab me and hold me tight, then if anyone was nearby, he'd take me and hide somewhere. He had a mission to go to, but Jessica was still here, and as we drink some tea, I noticed that her baby bump was showing. As we talked about babies, like me not knowing about a baby, and Mayday, she snuck a dating question in.
"Mayday is cute and all, but are you like seeing someone?"
"Did one of the Spider-Man asked?"
"No, I was just wondering, since you said it yourself, you're like a very young adult."  
"Oh."
"So? Are you?"
"If I tell you, then can you sneak me in a mission?"
"Ben, are you for real, is it that important to you, I thought you were a player-"
"I know it's not normal here, but at home it is. So no, I'm not like that."
"Oh, okay. So you didn't do it because you were in one. I'm glad my intuition was right. You are just a baby."
"So, can you sneak me in a mission?"
"If you tell me, I can try, but you're going to have to help me if I get caught."
We shook on it, till we went somewhere no one would go. To the moon. It was my first time being on her motorcycle, and it was great, until we had to stop and she started to jab me to tell her. But when I whispered who in her ear, I felt like she glitched out, she just has a gaping mouth as she just stared at me. It might have been a mistake, but I know this and the promise to also dimension hop were two really big risk. I just got the better half. Layla came out to see what was happening, and took photo evidence. But after that, she could barely comprehend things, and even how to get back.
"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.
"Him? You."
"Yes."
"How, when, did he?"
I was pushing her and her motorcycle in to the spider building, as I got a notification that he was returning. I kept pushing her try to recompose herself quicker.
"Jess, please."
Soon enough, right before the portal showed up, she turned to me.
"You, I have a lot of questions to be answered."
Three other Spider-Man pulled this encased villain through, before Miguel came through, and deactivated his mask.
"Did you make sure he ate?" Miguel asked.
"We had tea, if you needed to know." Jessica said.
When he ruffled my hair and walked off, Jessica gave me a look, like it was different. It was an off day for training, and Miguel told the both of us to come when Peter came back.
"Where did he go?" I asked.
"About that, you know how all three of us are way older than you. By a lot." Jessica said, holding both hands on my shoulders.
"Yea."
"Well, we went through a dimension, and we found a friend for you."
"But are they even allowed-"
"Yea, he is."
And like that a portal was open, and Peter came out with another Spider-Man, a new one that I had not seen before. He was very bubbly and cheerful, at least I thought so. While he was taking in the whole strike force of Spider-Man, Peter came over to me and hugged me.
"Hey, sorry about yesterday, must have made you a little uncomfortable."
"It's alright."
"Then, do you want to give him a tour, you've been here the longest technically."
"Then, I'll meet you back there."
"Yep."
We watched the two walk off.
"Where are they going?"
"To the office of the Spider-Man that started this. You'll meet him after we're done with the tour."
I think this is the most insightful moment for the the tour, as we swung around the different rooms and different levels, as well as what is allowed, like you can do anything, just be courteous to others.
"This is the training room: weight, stamina, accuracy. Anything that can help any Spider-Man." I said.
"I think I'll skip, I'm naturally buff and I don't want to get too buff, you know."
"I do know."
"Over there is the therapy room, it's by appointments, so you can't just walk in. And down this hall is the relaxation room, it's great for all the swinging."
"What about you?"
"Me, what do you mean?"
"I mean, you've been telling me all about this place, but nothing about you. We haven't even done introduction."
We landed at the food court, as he told me who he was. Pavitr Prabhakar. When he mentioned that he was a student, chimed in, since I was a student as well. Then when we placed in the order, and when he heard one of the spider people say
"Chai tea."
It was hilarious, I had to pull him away.
"What about you, Ben, your story."
"It's a pretty short one."
"That's okay."
I am from a creation universe, one that alone defies any possibility of change. I am a mere replica of someone so great. And under all the oppression and the unfair circumstances, I left.
"Wow, I didn't think it was that bad or short."
"It's a development. I didn't think it was so bad, until I came here."
While we waited, I showed him so tricks that he could use, and a few of my abilities. Like the ethereal spider limbs can climb walls for me, or take my place so that I didn't have to walk. But they worked really well, when I shot a sling onto my hand, and they stretched out the web, till it looked like snow. A shield.
"That's amazing!"
"I have others, but our food is ready. Come on, you can meet the one that started all this."
It was a lot of food to carry back, so he was holding the drinks. But there was a question that he asked that even I had a problem with.
"So you've never left this place?"
"Just once, and I got into some trouble."
"Why, I mean, this place is great and all, but why can't you."
"I don't know, I think it's because of my universe, I can be unstable in others."
"Then, what use is this watch if you can't even go out."
"Well, it's not that, I just don't know."
Just then, as we got into the room, there was Miguel holding onto Peter by his collar, as Jessica tried to calm both of them.
"Who is he?" Pavitr asked quietly.
"He is my mentor and the Spider-Man that found this strike force."
"Miguel O'Hara." Miguel introduced.
"Alright, everyone let's just have lunch, and Pavitr, we'll take you back after." Jessica said.
When the food got divided, Peter and Jessica swung up to Miguel to watch over us, as we started to talk again, even though the first thing that left Pavitr's mouth was,
"I didn't expect him to be so scary."
"Yea, I thought that same when I came here first. But he grows on you."
"Really, I think it's just you. Because there were a lot of people who I think really likes you, more than a friend."
"Really, who?"
"Remember the one that joined in the tour at the beginning, and the other one that offered to help you out..."
Pavitr went on and on, using his fingers to count everyone who went out of their way to just talk to me. He seemed pretty proud to have this feeling.
"You should come to my dimension, my auntie makes the best food, and it would be great for you to go out." Pavitr said.
"Not allowed." Miguel said.
"Why not? He hasn't been outside this entire time. What is he suppose to do here?"
"He's under training. Until we can find out all possibilities that he has."
"He can create shield, has different types of web-"
"He is not allowed."
"Pavitr, it's okay, it's better to be safe than sorry." I said.
"Next time, I'm bringing some stuff for you."
I watched them as they left, they have families to go back to. Peter said that next time, he'll bring Mayday. When I got back, Miguel was going through all the missions, as I swung up to his platform.
"I'll let you go on a mission, simplemente no quiero que te lastimes. (1)" He said, as he hugged me.
"I trust you, and I'm going to get hurt, but I'll always come back."
I was soon pulled into his lap as he worked. I'd stay as long as I can until I get sleepy. The next day, Miguel gave both Jessica and Peter a stern talking, that I can make friends on my own, and not to allow dimension traveling with me, while I was playing with Mayday.

—————————————————————————
(1) I just don't want you to get hurt.