Chapter 1: Tapestries.

FIRE:

When I woke up I was exactly where I went to sleep. It would have been rather concerning if I was somewhere else. My room was small from back when it had been an office, but it was still comfortable.

My twin bed was nestled in a corner. Bookshelves lined the walls, filled with crocodile knickknacks, books, and scavenged bones from the forest next to my neighborhood. The corner opposite my bed laid my laundry hamper. Despite this a couple stray clothing items were scattered around the room.

Sunlight filtered in from the window next to my bed. My gear was opposite my hamper, next to my door. I pushed myself out of bed groggily, frustrated at the early hour.

I changed into a grey crop top, dark blue jeans, a pair of black boots, and a black belt. I threw my pajamas into the hamper. I grabbed my hairbrush and gave my long ginger hair a quick run through. My hair turning from my regular bed head to a more curly look.

I pulled on my fingerless gloves, grabbed my bag from where it was hooked on my bed frame. Checked my outfit, and decided against the dark copper necklace that matched my eyes.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, grabbing my crocodile mask and fake crocodile tail and stuffing it inside as carefully as possible. I grabbed my phone from where it was charging and stuffed it into my pocket.

I rushed out of my room to my apartment already empty, my parents off to work. I grabbed the sandwich my parents left me before they left from the fridge and rushed out the door.

The elevator ride down from my apartment was uneventful. I waved goodbye to the desk clerk like I did every day. I made my way down the street and onto a path in the forest.

WIND:

I tied the bow on my pink and blue wrap-around dress. My dark purple slip-ons already on and my died light purple hair tied into two long braids. I inspected myself in the mirror, light blue eyes that contrasted my mixed skin tone.

I grabbed my bag, my gear already inside. I walked down the stairs where my parents were discussing the pros and cons of a business deal over breakfast. An empty spot at the table with a packed lunch and breakfast on it.

I grabbed it, clipping it onto my bag, hugged my parents goodbye.

"Remember to be home by dinner," my mother reminded gently. The only house rule, be home by dinner and you can only leave after sunrise. Well; there were other rules but most of them were just the law restated.

I nodded and left happily walking the path to the forest as I did every day.

EARTH:

I woke up to water being thrown on my face, which would have been disconcerting if it wasn't woken up that way every day. My older sister stood tall in front of me, a glass in her hand.

"Get up, you'll leave your friends waiting if you sleep in," She berated tossing me a towel.

"You only care because you have the hots for Stella," I grumbled, drying myself off.

She glared, sent me a middle finger and left, whatever. I was right anyways. I changed into a green t-shirt, Jeans, black boots, my signature black and green bandanna (tied around my neck, like always), and fingerless black gloves.

I combed through my black hair and swept it in front my blind eye. The other eye the same green it always was and my skin the same dark tone.

I hurried out only to be interrupted by my sister again, "Yo, Bryn, you forget something?" She raised my the bag where I kept my gear.

I back peddled, grabbed it and rushed off again.

"Tell Ste- your friends I said hi!" She yelled at me as I rushed away.

"I will! ... simp." I said as I dashed out towards the forest path.

"I heard that!"

WATER:

I stretched in my bed and stood shakily in my leg, hopping over to my dresser and grabbing the outfit I had set out last night. I hopped backwards onto my bed and changed.

I pulled on a dark blue short sleeve sweater, and black pants which I carefully rolled up so I could attach my prosthetic leg. I tied the laces of my dark blue tennis shoes.

I made my way out of the house, carefully avoiding the intensity of my parents arguing. I walked until Bryn waved me over and we continued on to the forest path.

We chatted happily, taking breaks along the way until we finally reached our destination.