07. ✰

EVERYONE ELSE TURNED to look at Gyeong-su. "Gyeong-su?" Cheong-san furrowed his eyebrows. "I am?" Gyeong-su asked, reaching up to touch his nose. "Right, it's because Su-hyeok hit me with a fucking mop," he scoffed, grabbing a tissue from the table. Ji-a let out a sigh of relief. "Stay back. Stay where you are. You were bitten, weren't you, Gyeong-su?" Na-yeon accused.

"I wasn't. I wasn't. Didn't you see Su-hyeok hit me?" Gyeong-su spoke as he put the tissue on his nose. Na-yeon shook her head as she backed up, breathing dramatically. "What is your fucking problem with me?" Gyeong-su walked up to her. "You were bitten!" Na-yeon responded. "Are you joking? Did you not hear him say Su-hyeok hit him?" Ji-a scoffed.

"I-sak got a nosebleed just before she turned," Na-yeon turned to Ji-a. "On-jo. You saw it, right? That's the same thing that happened to I-sak," Na-yeon asked On-jo. "Gyeong-su..." Miss Park stepped up to Gyeong-su. "I— I'm telling you! I swear I wasn't bit!" Gyeong-su spluttered, bringing his hand up to wipe his nose.

"Your hand. Explain that? What is it?" Na-yeon seethed. Ji-a walked up to her brother, grabbing his hand to look at it. "I got it from the computer! Didn't you see that?" he replied, walking up to Na-yeon. On-jo, Hyo-ryung, Ji-min, Nam-ra and Na-yeon took steps backwards away from Gyeong-su, catching Ji-a's attention. Gyeong-su rolled his eyes and scoffed at the girls.

"Why are you guys being like that? I know my brother. If he was bitten, he would have left already," Ji-a's voice shook as she tried to control her anger. "Don't you trust me? I can't believe this. I got this trying to save all of you," he told the girls off, his voice cracking. He backed up, sitting on the table. Cheong-san walked over, taking Gyeong-su's hand to examine it.

"It's not a bite. It's a scratch. Whoever wants to check, come look," Cheong-san looked around the room. The boys plus Chae-sol all crowded around. "It's a scratch?" Dae-su asked. Su-hyeok stood behind Ji-a and reached over her, grabbing Gyeong-su's wrist. "Yeah. Definitely just a scratch," he looked up, glaring at Na-yeon. "Miss Park, come look," Cheong-san called for the teacher. "Well, it really doesn't look like a bite. Thank god. It's just a scratch," Miss Park sighed in relief.

"He's okay," the teacher nodded, looking over at Na-yeon. Na-yeon sighed quietly, not looking satisfied. "Done yet?" Gyeong-su questioned. "I said, are you done with me now?" he repeated when she didn't answer. "Wait, this means the computer's gone," Joon-yeong spoke up, holding the keyboard. "No internet... Couldn't you have thrown something else instead of the computer?" Dae-su complained.

"What was I supposed to do? It was gonna get in," Gyeong-su responded. "No, you did good. Thank you. Don't be mad," Dae-su mumbled before walking up to Na-yeon. "Hey, Na-yeon. Look. Say sorry. End this," Dae-su told her. "Why should I?" the girl questioned. "He did it to save us all. Why can't you just say that you're sorry?" Dae-su scoffed. "Because I'm not sorry. I saw everything. I saw the creature grab you. I'm right. He could be infected," Na-yeon argued.

Ji-a took a few steps back to control her rising anger, feeling Chae-sol grab her hand and squeeze it comfortingly. "Na-yeon, enough," Miss Park scolded the girl. "It really did. That thing grabbed his hand!" she talked back to the teacher. "Wait, can touching his hand infect him?" Cheong-san asked. "I have no idea but maybe," Na-yeon replied. "If you don't know, then why are you starting shit?" Ji-a spoke up, scoffing.

"I held I-sak's hand when she fell. Why is nothing happening to me?" On-jo cut in. "Because he has a cut on his hand. And since there's an open wound, it's probably gonna be different," Na-yeon explained. "That's fucking—" Gyeong-su tried to go up to Na-yeon but Cheong-san and Su-hyeok stopped him. "Stop blaming me. Why don't you just think for yourselves?" Na-yeon spoke.