The Flame Rekindled

Bakugo and Midoriya both were in the heart of a darkened forest. The moon hung high, casting eerie shadows upon the trees surrounding them. Tension crackled in the air as the two former friends stared at each other, their emotions raw and unfiltered.

Bakugo's voice trembled with suppressed anger. "You think you're so special now, Deku? Huh? Becoming some kind of hero while I've been working twice as hard."

Midoriya met his gaze, his expression a mix of determination and sadness. "Kacchan, I never wanted to leave you behind. But you chose a different path, where you only saw me as competition. I had no choice but to-"

The ground beneath them shook, mirroring the intensity of their emotions. The embers of their once unbreakable bond flickered, yearning for reconciliation.

Bakugo gritted his teeth, his fists clenched. "Don't think for a second that I'm impressed by your power, Deku. You may have One For All, but I won't let you overshadow me. I will surpass you, even without it!"

Midoriya's softened, his voice laced with regret. "I never wanted to overshadow you, Kacchan. I just wanted us to inspire each other, to become the heroes we dreamed of together."

The heavy winds rustled the leaves, carrying it a sense of nostalgia. Memories of their shared past rushed through their minds, reminding them of the laughter they once shared, and the dreams they cherished together.

Bakugo took a deep breath, his anger momentarily subsiding. He remembered their childhood days, when they would spend hours talking about becoming the greatest heroes, never doubting each other's abilities.

"But you broke that promise, Deku," Bakugo muttered, his voice cracking. "You left me behind and into something I can't even recognize anymore."

Midoriya stepped closer, the fire in his eyes. "I'm still the same person, Kacchan. I've just grown stronger. And if you let go of your anger, we can find our way back to each other."

The silence that followed was deafening. The weight of their unsolved issues hung heavily on their shoulders, but with each passing second, it seemed as though they were scooting closer to each other. Bakugo's fists slowly unclenched, and his eyes softened too. "Fine, Deku. But don't think this means I'm going to easy on you. We'll settle this once and for all, and maybe, just maybe, we can start rebuilding what we lost."

Midoriya smiled, relief washing over him. "That's all ever wanted, Kacchan. To fight alongside you as friends once again."

The forest seemed to sigh in relief hearts began to face their shared destiny the moonlight bathed them in its ethereal glow, as if blessing their journey towards rebuilding what was broken – a bond that would burn brighter than.

Words: 455