Unstable.

TW: Alcohol. Depression.

--

The members were known to drink alcohol together, mostly on holidays or special occasions such as birthdays, etc.

Jin, however, had become a bit extreme with his alcohol intake. It was evident in the way he'd been acting and performing. The members confronted him about it one night in a desperate attempt to ask him what was going on.

"You're not being yourself lately hyung, you drink with like every meal now and way too much." Namjoon had been the first to confront him.

Jin didn't deny it either. He admitted why he was turning to alcohol so much. "It's just been hard for me. The hate online, feeling inadequate to the group, feeling like nobody really cares about me." He had been keeping it to himself but he was starting to suffer from depression. He had become obsessed with reading hate comments about him online in an effort to fix any problems people found with him. He wanted to fix it in order to be loved. He felt like everyone in the group was doing such a great job and that he was holding the team back, yet he couldn't imagine leaving either and felt stuck at a stand still over what would be best for everyone else. He tried to hide his pain behind the bottle but he didn't realize how aware of it the others had become.

"If you were feeling these things you should have come to us first," Yoongi said. "You know we can try to help you, and if we can't help you, we can find you people who can, but alcohol isn't going to solve the issues." Yoongi was the most upset with how Jin was feeling since Jin was his one and only hyung. That was something extremely special to the rapper. He loved having a hyung to turn to and absolutely hated seeing him hurting.

Thankfully Jin was willing to work on things and told the others he would seek help. He also spilled more of his heart out to his members and they offered all the advice they could while making sure he knew he was absolutely loved.

Unfortunately Jin's words and actions didn't correspond. He had talked himself out of seeking help, thinking it wasn't going to work anyway. He claimed he was getting help when in reality he was simply getting better at hiding his drinking. The members still noticed his sluggishness and bad mood swings but the oldest claimed it was a result of his 'withdrawals' as he recovered from the alcohol. As much as it hurt to see Jin like that, the members were excited that it meant Jin was on the path to recovery.

Or so they thought.

Until one night Jin's drinking and anger got the best of him and he became uncontrollable.

Namjoon and the maknae line had went out to see a movie together while Hobi, Yoongi, and Jin were hanging around the dorm. Jin had already downed a few small bottles of alcohol and did his best to hide it but he had trouble doing that. He was angry and irritated so Yoongi and Hobi decided it was best to leave their hyung alone and let him chill out on his own until his mood calmed down.

Yoongi opened the fridge to see that they were running low on food. "I think I'm going to head out to the mart before we starve to death." He closed the fridge doors and turned to Hobi. "Is there anything you want?"

"Can I just come with you?" Hobi personally didn't want to stay home alone with a moody Jin hyung.

"I think it's best you stay home and keep an eye on Jin..you know...make sure he doesn't drink or anything," Yoongi suggested. He wanted to trust that Jin was being honest about his recovery, but he figured it was still early and they should still be cautious of the situation.

Hobi sighed but agreed, although he hadn't seen Jin drink in a few days now so he wasn't too worried about it.

"I'll be back before you know it." Yoongi smiled and had Hobi write down a list of stuff he'd want. He went and asked Jin if there was anything he wanted too. "I want you to go away," Jin mumbled. Yoongi tried not to take offense but the comment hurt a little bit. He quickly headed out the door to the store.