Chapter 4: A Horrible Mentor

Brown'Paw was jostled awake by unfamiliar paws...

Who could that be?...

He lifted up his head to see who awoke him.

He pinned his ears as he saw the face of his sworn enemy.... Lemon'Pelt.

"You better get up and ready. We have to train, buzzard-face." Lemon'Pelt said, dragging Brown'Paw harshly out of the medicine den.

"Buzzard-face??" Brown'Paw said, puzzled.

"When we get to the training area you better train like you haven't trained before, fluff-brain." Lemon'Pelt said, still dragging Brown'Paw.

At this point they were almost out of the clan camp.

Why does he hate me so much?... I didn't do anything to him.... Brown'Paw was lost in thought..

"Get up you, dormouse! I can't drag you all the way there." Lemon'Pelt said, as he stopped dragging his apprentice and jostled him harshly.

Brown'Paw snapped back to reality, "Stopp! I'm not a dormouse!".

Dormouse was the only word he knew that his mentor called him. His mentor called him lazy and in a harsh way.

Brown'Paw got up and raced after Lemon'Plet who was sprinting ahead of him. His wounds made him slower so he was a little behind Lemon'Pelt.

"Catch up, dungeater!" Lemon'Plat said, harshly.

Brown'Paw ran even faster, determined to beat this mange-face. He ran faster, almost catching up with his mentor. Suddenly, Lemon'Pelt took a sharp turn to the right and left poor Brown'Paw crashing into a tree. 

All Brown'Paw knew was that he hit something and it hurt a lot. He looked around his surroundings. Nothing he found was familiar. He was lost....

He knew for a fact that his mentor would rather leave the clan than save him. He got up, still stunned. He started walking in a direction that he was partly sure was the way he came from. he heard a bush being disturbed by something brushing up against it. Out of instinct he unsheathed his claws and jolted backwards, nearly missing getting pounced on by his mentor.

"Mousedung." Lemon'Pelt muttered under his breath as he lunged oh his small apprentice.

Brown'Paw dogged the slick mentor, muttering "Hare-brain.." under his breath.

Brown'Paw started to run in a direction which seemed the most difficult for his mentor to pass through. The path was full of thorny rose bushes and had a small gape big enough for Brown'Paw at  the bottom. He slivered through the small gape no problem, meanwhile his mentor was stuck with no way through.

"RABBIT HEART." Lemon'Pelt yelled at Brown'Paw.

Brown'Paw felt somewhat safe from his snake-hearted mentor. He continued to crawl under the rose bush until he got to the other end. He didn't any sign o his mentor so he assumed it was safe. He wobbled out of the rose bush, getting a few thorns in his soft fur.

He ran as fast as he could when he heard the soft rustle of the undergrowth being disturbed. He flew across the forest and marsh, not stopping until he found the camp.

He lunged into the clan and collapsed. He took a while to catch his breath since he ran a long distance.  It was late so everyone was sleeping and no on noticed him. He ran to the medicine den and curled up in the nest.

He hated today, he wanted it to be over.

Brown'Paw thought harsh thoughts about his mentor and thought about how much he hated today that he didn't realized that Hallow'Kit started to talk to him. Soon through his lone venting session, he fell asleep.