𝟑

[𝟑]
[𝑳𝒖𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒘𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝑮𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆]

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"Thank you so much for helping me!" Oliver beamed with gratitude as he and Ryker lugged bags full of groceries into the kitchen.

Ryker, a soft smile playing on his lips, replied, "It's really no trouble, Oliver."

"Ollie," Oliver reminded Ryker with another smile, his eyes sparkling.

"Right, sorry," Ryker acknowledged with a sheepish shake of his head. They deposited the bags on the kitchen island as Oliver began to unpack the groceries.

"You don't have to stay. You can leave if you want," Oliver offered.

Ryker contemplated the suggestion for a moment. "Right. Yeah... well, can I get your number?" he asked, his request carrying a hint of enthusiasm.

"For sure!" Oliver readily agreed, his smile widening. Ryker handed him his phone, and Oliver quickly punched in his number before returning the phone to Ryker, who returned the favor with an even broader smile. Oliver's eyes, however, were momentarily drawn to Ryker's sharp canines. He was snapped out of his thoughts when Ryker spoke again.

"Everything okay?" Ryker inquired, his brow furrowing slightly, his grin fading into a gentle smile.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, no, I'm good!" Oliver reassured him, shaking off his momentary distraction. He led Ryker to the front door, and after exchanging friendly goodbyes, he watched as Ryker drove away.

Upon returning to the kitchen, Oliver was about to dive into the task of unpacking the groceries when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Retrieving it, he couldn't help but smile softly at the message.

"See you tomorrow :)" the message read. Oliver shook his head in amusement, sliding the phone back into his pocket before continuing to unload the groceries.

The next day at school, Oliver found himself at a vending machine, contemplating his drink options, when he heard someone approaching from behind. He turned to see Ryker standing there with a welcoming smile.

"Hey, wanna come sit with me?" Ryker invited, gesturing to the table where he and his sister typically sat.

Oliver returned the smile, his decision made. "Sure," he replied warmly, feeling a growing sense of camaraderie with Ryker.

Ryker led Oliver over to the lunch table, gracefully seating him next to him, with Ryker's sister, Sophie, occupying the opposite side.

"Hey, I'm Sophie," she introduced herself with a warm smile. Oliver nodded politely.

"I'm Oliver, but you can call me Ollie," he replied, returning the friendly gesture.

Ryker, his smile soft and inviting, leaned in and asked, "Hey, if you're free after school, would you like to check out something cool?"

Oliver considered the offer. "Uh, sure. What is it?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued.

"Well, I found this beautiful clearing in the middle of the Luminwood Grove. It's kind of like my secret getaway," Ryker explained with a chuckle.

"That sounds awesome. I'd just have to tell my friend she doesn't need to drive me home," Oliver responded, nodding in agreement.

As they chatted, Oliver nibbled on his cookie, casting an observant glance at both Ryker and Sophie.

"You're not gonna eat?" he asked, noticing the lack of food on their plates.

"Ryker forgot our lunches," Sophie explained with a good-natured smile. Oliver found it a bit odd, considering that he hadn't seen either Ryker or Sophie eat before, even though he had only been in town for less than a week. It was certainly intriguing.