AFLAME

"Today, Ithea suffered a profound loss - the death of one of the kingdom's greatest Champions, Rhaizen Gale. It has taken us all by surprise. His heroic stand against the Trerth, and his unwavering defense of our land - these deeds will be forever etched in our hearts. His dedication to our kingdom and his gallantry will be honored and cherished. Nevertheless, we must continue onward.

Our nation requires a new champion to protect us just ashe did, and a pool of promising candidates stands ready to take up this mantle.

Among them is Luciana, my own daughter, the most accomplished alchemist among the contenders. Her prowess is unparalleled, and I have every confidence she will rise to the challenge.

Consequently, I declare the seat of Ithea's champion vacant, paving the way for new trials to commence. Luciana Vonner, Jalon Barr, Norval Greensmith, Cecily Ethel, and Nelanian Henfery will partake in these trials. While we extend our best wishes to them, let us take some time to pay homage to our fallen hero."

As the king's words drew to a close, camera shutters sprang to life. Reporters surged forward, their questions clamoring for a response. The king's gracious wife followed, her features veiled.

One reporter attempted to approach, thrusting his recorder towards her, nearly brushing her face. Swiftly, a security guard intervened, pushing the reporter back into the mass of journalists. Reacting promptly, the king rushed to the scene, offering assistance. "Are you unharmed, young man? I apologize for the disturbance."

"I'm well, King Vonner," the reporter replied as the king aided him. Blood trickled from a cut on his nose, which he wiped away. As he rose, his hand accidentally touched the king's shoulder, staining his coat with blood.

"Please refrain from approaching the queen. She's understandably upset and not in a state to speak with the press. I hope you understand," the king said, shaking the reporter's hand. With that, he rejoined the queen, and they retreated into their castle. Eleven imposing circular towers punctuated the skyline, surrounded by robust yellow stone walls.

Windows and archer apertures adorned the walls with a sense of symmetrical chaos. Nestled in the frigid mountains, a substantial gate with sturdy defenses offered refuge, the sole, albeit not necessarily accessible, entrance.

Outside the castle, meticulously tended gardens boasted fragrant roses, majestic trees, and lush bushes. Despite adversity, the castle endured, a testament to its resilience.

"That concludes our coverage. The King of Ithea has delivered the long-awaited statement on the untimely demise of champion Rhaizen Gale. His body will be transported to The Ithea Academy of Alchemy, the foremost alchemical institution and training ground for champion candidates.

A public viewing and final rest alongside his predecessors will follow. Stay tuned for further updates. This is Judy Ben Mor, reporting for Inter-kingdom News."As the castle gates slowly closed, the media's coverage drew to an end, poised to document the public viewing of Rhaizen Gale's body at The Ithea Academy of Alchemy.

THE ALCHEMY ACADEMY OF ITHEA

Four of Ithea's five candidates sat in a classroom, their attention locked onto a large screen broadcasting the news before them. The lecturer powered down the monitor as the king and queen retreated to their palace. His gaze shifted back to the candidates, granting them a moment to absorb the information they had just heard from the media.

Cecily Ethel, among the contestants, wrestled with her emotions. "So he's truly gone," she uttered, struggling to keep her composure. The lecturer at the front of the room remained silent.

"Let's face it. His absence is a reality we must confront. His death caught us off guard. We all held him in high esteem. None of us anticipated his passing so swiftly. This only adds to our responsibility," Norval Greensmith remarked, smoothing a crease from his jacket.