Chapter 1

So, my cousin deleted everything that I had. My A03 account, my wattpad account, and all of my stories on Fanfiction. I only have Fanfiction and Wattpad back up but no stories as of yet. if you have a wattpad account, please go and follow my new account: Sboyle97 and let others know. Thank you.

Chapter One

Three Airmen occupied the center Humvee as the US Military convoy worms through a barren vista. Crammed in there with them is a woman in an expensive suit, who looks teleported directly from Beverly Hills.

She is, of course, genius, inventor, and billionaire: Toni Stark. Not only is she a woman of an IQ of 270 making her one of the smartest people in the world, but she is also the one and only female billionaire. In her hand is a drink tumbler of what the soldier next to her thought was vodka. He would be wrong though. It was just flavored water that mimicked the looks of vodka so that others would think she was under the influence when she wasn't.

Toni didn't like drinking unless she was home but had to keep up appearances.

For the past hour, Toni had been trying to get her three companions to interact with her but no luck yet. "Oh, I get it. You guys aren't allowed to talk. Is that it? Are you not allowed to talk?"

One Airman grins, fidgeting with his orange NY Mets watch. "No. We're allowed to talk."

Toni hm'd. Took a drink. "Oh, I see. So it's personal."

Then another Airman in the Humvee spoke up. "I think they're intimidated."

Toni's eyes widened in mock surprise. "Good God, you're a woman." Everyone tried to compress their laughs. "I, honestly, I couldn't have called that... I would apologize, but isn't that what we're going for here? I saw you as a soldier first."

Silence fell over them again.

"I have a question, ma'am." The female Airman said. Toni turned her head towards her with a smile, glad that she was finally getting some conversation out of them. It had been boring so far.

"Please."

"Is it true you're going to be featured on Maxim cover next year?"

Toni winked at her through the mirror - as the other female was driving the Humvee - causing her to blush slightly. She began to think about the male models that she, uh, had the shoot with. "Excellent question. Yes and no. March and I had schedule conflict but, thankfully, the Christmas cover was twins. Anyone else? You, with the hand up." Toni motioned towards the Airman sitting next to her.

"It's a little embarrassing."

"Join the club." Toni quipped before she could stop it.

"Can I take a picture with you?"

"Are you aware that Native Americans believe photographs steal a little piece of your soul? Not to worry, mine's long gone," she said with a grimace but settled closer to him. "Fire away."

The Airman, excited, posed as the Airman in the front passenger seat snaps the photo.

A second later and Toni had no idea what had happened. There was a ringing in her ear.

Another massive explosion rocks them. Through the windshield, the Humvee ahead of them erupts in a fireball.

Toni is flung aside again and in the side mirror, she sees one of the Humvee behind them explode. Pandemonium ensues. The Airmen are instantly in battle mode. They scramble out, shutting Toni inside.

The Airman that had been sitting beside her was now on her side on the outside. He turned and yelled through the window, "STAY HERE!" Before he is gunned down. It is chaos, she sees another soldier get gunned down. Toni's window blows in, spraying glass and shrapnel. She scrambles for the door. She needed to get out and find shelter, wait for the heat to clear.