The woodsman and the worm

Long in the tooth, the woodsman walks from clearing to clearing through a white forest. Bird calls fill the trees and brush and bushes with sweet music. Less is more and more is less in the land of the mountain.

Once the woodsman had wandered through enough clearings and past enough trees to be sure that his boots were clean and his legs well warmed, he began to sing. A tune of blissful loving joy, grounded in the unshaken knowing and belief in the grace of the Earth and the will of the conscious collective to grow. To expand and be one once more.

A trimmed grey beard and a twinkle in his eye, the woodsman sang for days on end, his song in harmony with the birds and the trees, oak and fern and fir and beach. One great green wise old worm did raise its body upon a log at the beautiful vibrations emanating from the woodsman as he passed, filled with wonder at such an unexpected glorious visit. 

Unthinking, this worm followed these vibrations towards their source and thus the singing woodsman and the wise worm did travel one following the other through and beyond, trees and streams, rivers with white rushing rapids and soft slow bends alike.

'Close one's outer eyes and open one's inner heart'  did the woodsman sing, his crinkled closed eyes and wide big heart free for all to gaze upon and know Gods.

Through this soulful song we know the strength and solidity of the great green worm of the forest and through the love and peace of the singing woodsman do we know what wonders may be born through graceful labour and open heart.