Introduction

❝ I'D ONCE BELIEVED I COULD ENAMOR HER. ❞

Princess Marigold Howlande is the daughter of King Aldway Howlande of one of the lesser kingdoms in Avalon, Wintanceaster. She is also a high priestess on her mother's side and half-sibling of the kingdom's Prince. She is tasked by the elders who prophesied her as the reason for restoring Albion's peace. With a curse cast upon Marigold, that should she fail to restore the peace, her life tied with Albion's future would die. Her goal is to convince the Pendragons, who created the imbalance, to restore the balance and is to be sent under the excuse of an envoy to establish an alliance with the ruler of Camelot. Marigold is placed under immense pressure and prejudice along with her mixed magical blood. Since she is a product of an affair, she is the technical heir to her kingdom. However, her brother is mainly seen as the front face of most negotiations. At the same time, Marigold is known for her purity of heart and kindness and garnered respect from her people.

The Kingdom of Wintanceaster is not far from the ruins of Daobeth, the kingdom that was felled upon by Dragons. The town is feared as bad luck, and many believe those from there will bring misfortune. However, their creation holds for survivors of Daobeth. Therefore, not only are they feared, but many are intimidated as survivors of a fierce, draconic attack. Due to this, Marigold can rendezvous with her High Priestess mother and other magical creatures who have taken refuge in the ruins of Daobeth. The ruins are hypercharged with magic, thus making her magic just as powerful. Many Wyverns, along with other magical creatures such as dragon eggs and fairies, are known to reside in the ruins. However, they recognize one of their own, meaning Marigold holds high authority—the same as druids, warlocks, witches, and dragonlords. Even after the Great Purge, many prosecuted were saved and sought shelter here with the protection of the Triple Goddess masking their magical essence.

❝ BUT 'TWAS I, INDEED, WHO WAS ENAMORED. ❞

⸻ CAST ⸻

COLIN MORGAN . . . MERLIN

BRADLEY JAMES . . . KING ARTHUR

KATIE MCGRATH . . . MORGAN LE FAY

ANGEL COULDY . . . GUINEVERE

RICHARD WILSON . . . GAIUS

ANTHONY HEAD . . . UTHER PENDRAGON

JOHN HURT . . . KILGHARRAH

MICHELLE RYAN . . . NIMUEH

SANTIAGO CABRERA . . . LANCELOT

TOM HOPPER . . . PERCIVAL

EOIN MACKEN . . . GAWAIN

TOMIWA EDUN . . . ELYAN

ADELAIDE KANE . . . MARIGOLD HOWLANDE

TORRANCE COOMBS . . . BRANDYN RADCLIFFE

BEN BARNES . . . DANE HOWLANDE

ERIC BANA . . . KING ALDWAY HOWLANDE