Chapter 2

Your POV

*BAM*

I was about fall to the ground until I felt a pair of arms catch me. My eyes opened and met with Lyney's violet ones. My heart skipped a beat. "Uhm..." I stuttered. 'What should I say? This is awkward...' I thought. "You actually look quite cute in my arms." Lyney commented seductively. The heat rose to my face and I immediately pushed him away.

"Why would you say that...?" I mumbled looking away in embarrassment. He chuckled as he came closer. "Because it's true." He whispered in my ear. The warmth of his breath on my ear caught me off guard.

"I will use the skills I got taught in Liyue on you if you don't refrain yourself from saying such things." I replied standing in a defensive position. "Oh?" He said smirking. "The conqueror of demons himself taught me how to fight, so you better watch yourself." I added.

He took a step towards me. "I am warning you." I said revealing my polearm. "You know..." He slowly put his hand on my cheek now caressing it. "This whole behavior does nothing but rile me up right now." He whispered after leaning in. I blushed madly at the words he just said. "You..." My polearm dropped to the floor. I then quickly covered my face with the back of my hand. "What the hell..." I mumbled looking away.

Lyney's POV

'Her reactions are so cute...' I thought. The way she fumbled as soon as I whispered in her ear. I want to get more reactions like this out of her...

"Actually, before I go and make my leave I want to perform a quick magic trick on you." I said cheerfully. She looked at me with a confused expression. "Put your arms and hands like this." I said while showing her what to do. (Y/N) sighed and did the same thing I showed her. 'Good...' I thought. I placed my hat on her hands (that were reached out in front of her) and leaned in to plant a kiss on her cheek.

"Good bye!" I said after taking my hat.

Your POV

I blinked a few times still being confused and left speechless. Did he just...

I dropped to the ground and held my face with my hands. "Stay calm, stay calm." I mumbled as I felt my mind going fuzzy. 'Why would he...'

I sighed in defeat. "I will definitely take revenge on him!" I said to myself while standing up. "Lyney, you have no idea who you are messing with..." I added and started walking towards my hotel.

As I did so I spotted a familiar face not so far away from where I was. 'Is that?...' I decided to take a closer look and see who it was. "Hey, comrade! Long time no see!" Childe said while waving at me. "Childe? What are you doing here?" I asked walking over to him.

"I just have some business to attend to. Starting with these people." He replied pointing at the group of men in front of him. "The Northland bank is expecting a great amount of money from you." He said turning his look towards the men. 'Why does Childe look so handsome when he is doing his job?..' I asked myself while slightly blushing. "We are not going down without a fight!" One of the men shouted before charging at Childe.

~A few moments later~

There they were. All of the men were on the ground unconscious. "You should have gone easy on them." I said crossing my arms against my chest. He turned around to face me and smiled. "Nah, they got what they deserved. I also can't afford to get soft when working for the Fatui." He answered chuckling a bit. "What brings you to-" He got cut off as he saw a man charging at me from behind me. Unfortunately for the man I already noticed him a few minutes ago, so as a result I swiftly grabbed my polearm and held it against his throat. "Better luck next life!" I said with a big smile.

Childe clapped. "Bravo! I assume you already knew he was behind you?" He asked. I scoffed. "Of course." I replied looking back at the man. "Oh, it's getting late. Childe, please be a dear and bring these ppl to the higher ups for me." I said while looking at him with a smile. He chuckled a bit. "Of course, my lady." He said as he bowed. "No need to call me that. I know I am the daughter of a duke, but I think I already told you that I do not desire to live under that last name anymore." I said putting my hand on my hip. "As you wish." He replied.

"Until we meet again." I said turning my back towards him.

~In the hotel room~

I let myself fall on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. Thoughts of Lyney's kiss ran through my mind. 'Why did he have to kiss me?...' I asked myself now hugging my knees as I laid on my side. Right. Revenge. It was time to give Lyney a taste of his own medicine. "How am I gonna do that, though?" I mumbled while sitting up. 'It's not even certain that I will ever see him again...' I thought with a saddened look.

Since the Opera House is being used for performances it would make sense for him to be there regularly. 'Tomorrow I will wait in front of the Opera House and see what Lyney's day looks like! This way I can observe him and plan my next moves.' I thought smiling to myself.

~The next day~

I arrived at the Opera House and sneakily hid behind a tree. "This should be good enough for now." I mumbled. I sat down and waited a bit.

~ After one hour you heard a noise~

I quickly took a peek and it appeared to be the Hydro Archon. 'Ugh...' I thought sitting back down. 'What if I was wrong?...' I asked myself.

~After another two hours~

I dozed off...

Lyney's POV

"I shall be right back, Freminet!" I called out before heading towards the Opera House. There was still a lot that needed to be done in order to be able to perform on stage again.

~At the Opera House~

'Okay, so I need to prepare this... Followed up by that..' I thought until I suddenly heard a snoring noise coming from behind the tree. "What?..." I walked towards the tree and found (Y/N) sleeping behind it. "Lyney..." She mumbled in her sleep. 'Did she just?...' I felt my heartrate quicken. Is she dreaming about... Me?

I leaned in to take a closer look. 'She is actually sleeping... Oh woaw.' I thought to myself. I gently poked her cheek and smiled softly. "She is so soft..." I whispered. "Woaw!" I reacted as she grabbed me by my arm pulling me towards her in the process of doing so. "(Y/N)?..." I whispered trying to wake her up.

Your POV

I slowly opened my eyes and was met with a familiar face. "Lyney?!" I quickly stood up.

He flinched at my loud voice. Did I fall asleep? Did he see me sleep? Many thoughts were running through my head. "Why were you sleeping-" "It is getting quite late, isn't it? I gotta go!" I said quickly turning around to leave. "Hey!" I heard Lyney call out to me, but I kept on running. 'Plan B!'

After a while I stopped running to catch my breath. "What could I do to get back at him?" I mumbled looking at the ground. "To get back at who?" Someone behind me asked. "What the-?!" I reacted as I turned around. Childe...

Then, an idea struck me. "Childe, remember when I helped you back in Liyue?" I suddenly asked. He blinked in confusion and nodded. "I have a favor to ask." I said smirking. I myself am no good in flirting with men, but Tartaglia is a master when it comes to this type of stuff. "I want you to teach me how to leave a boy flustered and speechless!" I added pointing at him with determination.

He sweat dropped. "Uhm... Why would you want me to teach you that?" He asked feeling slightly awkward. "There is this person called Lyney and he did the same thing to me yesterday. I just want to get back at him, you know." I replied. Childe looked deep in thought, but after a few seconds he nodded. "Very well then. I shall help you." He said. A smile appeared on my face.

"Thanks!"