Chapter 5

Last night was absolutely amazing. I hadn't had that much fun since college. I truly felt relaxed in the moment. The image of his bright blue eyes inches away from my face and his rosy soft lips grazing my neck wouldn't leave my mind. When I opened my eyes I didn't see him next to me, his clothes were still on the floor from last night. He didn't leave and he wasn't in the bathroom, so he must be downstairs. Before I go down, I check myself in the mirror and my heart aches. Of course I thought this pain would get better but this pain isn't controllable through pain meds. I'll have to have Trinity check it out another time.
As I walk downstairs I hear the sound of sizzling oil on the gas stove, and when the kitchen is visible I see Logan. He's wearing nothing but a pair of red plaid boxers. I stand there watching for a second, his broad shoulders defined in the morning sun rays, and with Sebby sitting right next to him as he cooks. "Gabriel you are up!" He says with a wide smile. He leaves the food unattended and runs over to greet me on the stairs. "I hope you don't mind I helped myself to your fridge to make some breakfast for us." "I don't mind at all. It actually smells amazing." He reaches out to grab my hand and bring me to the kitchen. "And don't worry Gabriel, I fed Sebby already." I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His charm, and his blue eyes. He had not only given me one heck of a night, but then woke up early, fed my dog and made breakfast for the two of us.
I opened a bottle of orange juice and offered him some but he already had a glass of lemon water on the island. Sebby and I sit at the table waiting for him to finish making the pancakes and eggs. As he brings the food to the table "I didn't see any bacon in your fridge so..." "Yeah I don't really eat breakfast or cook so I try not to keep meat in the house." I get up to get us some plates. "Do you want syrup?" With a mouth full of eggs he makes a wide smile and nods repeatedly. "Here you go, and thank you for making this for me I-" He interrupts me and says, "Gabriel, last night was amazing I really enjoyed myself-" "I know you did, and I did too." I smile and he begins to blush an uncontrollable amount. He clears his throat "Um yes, but I don't want you to think I am not attracted to you. I don't know what I am sexuality wise, but I don't care what I am. The only thing I know is that I like you. Nothing about what happened last night was influenced by my family, and if you are interested I would love to do this again." I stay silent while I finish the last of my orange juice, my oldest crush is sitting right in front of me more attractive than ever, and he just said he liked me. "Logan, I think you are very attractive, and I enjoyed myself tonight. But-" As I pause I can see his face change to a state of fear, uncertain of what I will say. "Logan it's just, I have always found you attractive, always. Last night was amazing, don't get me wrong, but I am very passionate about my career. We both have amazing careers and amazing accomplishments and I don't want to promise my time to you if I am not sure if I can keep that promise." He looks down at his plate and takes a few bites. It was obvious this was not the response he was looking for, I knew that before I said it, but I wanted to be realistic with him. Afterall I would want to get to know him more before ever committing to something. "I respect that. I just thought it would be important to tell you that I don't mind dating or taking it slow, however you would want to do it. I feel like our limited history is a reason to try, and we are clearly both attracted to each other. Plus for what it is worth I am comfortable in my career right now, and I would love to celebrate our accomplishments together." He says as he finishes the last bite.
He stands up and starts washing his plate. "Logan, can I ask you something?"
"Of course, anything." "Why are you so interested in a relationship? Like have you always been like this or?" He takes a minute to respond as he washes my plate too. "The real reason is I had an epiphany. I realized that nothing in life is guaranteed, and with everything coming out about my mom who knows what can happen. You are someone I have always been interested in at least being friends with, now I would appreciate it if we could be more. To me there is no point in beating around the bush, it wastes time, and we don't know how much time we have." I looked up at him, his waves messy since he hadn't done his hair. When he turns off the sink he continues, "I know we are both still relatively young only like 30 years old-" "29, Logan" We both smile. "I just am scared and I want to be happy, and honestly I am happy when I think of you." His voice is deep and raspy as you would expect it to be when he just wakes up. He leans forward and I pull his head down to wear my lips can touch his. I kiss him for a few moments until he turns to pin me against the island. He lifts his hair out of my eyes so I can see his smirk, and I place my hand on his cheek, his stubble rougher than it was the other day. "Take your time Gabriel, I know it is sudden, so just take some time." He leaves me against the island, as he walks to the couch and Sebby follows him. He turns on the TV and says "You coming?"
—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------