𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped" Scott tells Deaton as we walk into the animal clinic, Lydia stuck to my side like glue.

"The problem is, this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human" Deaton explains and while I am listening, I feel so numb.

"The shape of my best friend" Scott states.

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Lydia points out.

"I don't know...This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore" Deaton shakes his head.

"Is there anything that does?" Scott questions.

"Possibly..." Deaton answers "When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare"

"Wait a second- Powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?" Lydia wonders aloud.

"Which Alpha?" Deaton asks curiously.

"Talia Hale. Peter had them in this wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?" Lydia suggests.

"It was" Deaton confirms her suspicions.

"How do you know?" Scott frowns in confusion.

"Because I made it" Deaton admits.

"I'll call Derek" Scott offers steps out of the room to take the call.

"Nat, are you okay?" I hear Lydia's voice but my throat feels sore from screaming "Natalia?"

"I'll give you two a minute" Deaton speaks up and I feel him pat my good shoulder as he passes to leave.

"Do you wanna sit down? Here, take a seat" Lydia tells me, tugging me over to the plastic chair and sitting me down in it.

"Tell me what you're thinking about" The strawberry blonde haired girl pleads, crouching down in front of me.

"Yesterday Allison gave me a ride to the station and she followed me out the car telling me that I'd left something behind. She kissed me, Lydia" I choke out, the pain heavy on my chest "Yesterday Allison kissed me and today she's dead"

"Did you love her?" My friend asks me, tears welling up in her own eyes as she takes a hold of my hands.

"I don't think I could ever have let myself fall for her knowing what she had with Scott" I admit, wiping my tears away "But now I'll never know. Now it'll forever be a 'what if?'"

"We're gonna be okay. You hear me? I know that we're gonna make it through this. You know why?" Lydia assures me through tear filled eyes and I shake my head "Because we've got each other. I got you and you got me, yeah?"

"Yeah" I rasp out, nodding and pulling the girl into a tight hug "You got me and I got you"

We pull apart and wipe away each other's tears, smiling at each other warmly. Deaton and Scott enter the room as Lydia and I pull ourselves to our feet.