Chapter Two

-Goddess. "Huh?!" I exclaimed.
"Luke, listen, she's chanting something!" Georgia exclaimed in turn.
"Is that the prophecy, Georgia?!" I cried out.
"The heroes are ten as a Goddess is among them, they fight together through and through as their hearts stay true." The Goddess finished.

"I-... What?!" I attempted a sentence.
"I am Jade, Jade Demetir." Jade explained. "The Goddess of Divinity." She clarified when we didn't speak.
"O-kay," I said.

Jade has long raven black hair that goes up to her waist, peircing golden hazel eyes, and an ankle long, off-white dress with off-white high-heeled boots that go up to the knees.

I, on the other hand, wore my hunting gear made up of an army green long sleeve shirt, midnight black pants, a camo hooded jacket, a charcoal black mask, grey gloves and raven black sneakers. My hair is chestnut brown, and my eyes change from sky blue to moss green.

"My name is Luke, and this is my sister, Georgia." I said, pointing to myself, then Georgia.
"L-L-Luke!!!" A weak voice stuttered. I turned around to see Kylie and Moon walking towards us with Kylie leaning on Moon.

"Kylie was in her house when it caught on fire," Moon explained.
"Who's that?" Kylie grunted, pointing at Jade.
"Oh, that's Gade Demetri." Georgia guessed. I sighed.

"No, it's Jade Demetir. Jade, the one whose house caught on fire, is Kylie, and the other one is Moon. They are dating," I introduced everyone.
"Uhhh, Luke." Georgia addressed me.

"Umm... it's mother, she... she was... she was kidnapped..." She finally finished. Everyone froze to let that sink in. I fell on my knees and cried. Everyone shifted uncomfortably. They weren't used to me crying.

Moon sprinted to Genocide and Harleen's village to get them. Kylie stuck out her hand for me to grab. I grabbed her hand and wiped my tears from my face. Minutes later Genocide, Harleen, and Moon came running out of the woods.

"Who's that?" Genocide and Harleen asked in sync.
"Jade Demetir." The rest of us said in union.
"Jade, that's Genocide and that's Harleen." I briefed her, pointing at them when I said their names.
"Let's go to base." Genocide ordered.

At base, I saw something flying towards Genocide and I threw her to the ground. "LUKE WHAT ON EARTH!" Genocide cried. Two seconds later, THUD! A knife hit the cabin wall. We have five cabins made by James, Jason, and I.

"Sorry!" Harleen called, "I was examining the knife in the sun, and I tripped!" I chuckled.
"It's fine!" I called back.

"Hey Genocide?"
"Mm?"
"Why do I have to share a cabin with you?" I asked,
"The fifth cabin will be occupied by Jade and Georgia and belongs to James and Jason, the fourth is occupied by Harleen and Tayyè, when she comes back, the third is occupied by Kylie and Moon, and the second will be occupied by Jasmine and Layla." Genocide replied.

"Hey Luke? Can you teach me how to shoot?" Moon asked.
"Sure, Moon." I answered.
"Hey Luke!" Genocide exclaimed. "You're helping me collect herbs, berries, and mushrooms, correct?"
"Yes Genocide." I replied, getting up and grabbing my handmade bow and quiver of arrows.

When we were younger, Kylie, Genocide, Tayyè, Jasmine, and I familiarised ourselves with all the good herbs, berries, and mushrooms, while Moon, Layla, Harleen, James, Jason, and I (yes, I joined both groups) familiarised ourselves with the woods surrounding all of our villages. So, every time we're hunting or gathering, I'm usually brought along.

Ever since our world was reset, the only things that were not erased were humans, animals, books, pencils, and erasers. Everything that wasn't reset was grabbed by vines and tossed onto a vine platform. Lava flooded the land, and the criminals jumped into the lava.

One of the books that survived was The Hunger Games. The Hunger Games has a lullaby and I've memorised it. (That will be useful for later.)
"Genocide?" I spoke quietly.
"Yes?"
"Why did James and Jason leave?" Genocide stayed silent. So did I.

"Where is the lavender?" Genocide occasionally asked.
"Over there," I replied.
"And the blackberries?"
"This way." When we got back, I showed them my kill, which was three deer, seven rabbits, and a goat.

"We're having rabbit stew for dinner, okay guys?" Genocide thought to ask, though no one would object.
"Yep/mhm/okay/sure." Genocide slipped off to prepare dinner while I got to work and mashed cherries and snowberries in two separate bowls.

After that, I cut down two trees. Then I proceeded to strip them of their branches and bark. By the time I finished that, dinner was done. We all had dinner, and then I went back to work.

I cut the tree like you'd cut a pickle, into slices. Then I grabbed a leaf and started painting rough red and white circles on one side of all the targets. It was almost midnight when I finished. I took the targets inside Genocide and I's cabin.

The next day, at the crack of dawn, I got up and continued my work. I cut down more trees and stripped them, too. I grabbed some flint and shaped it into a point shape.

I killed some chickens, dr27thained their blood, and soaked them in warm water. I grabbed some relatively straight sticks and straightened them more. I put the flint on the sticks and returned to the chicken.

I plucked the feathers and cooked the chickens on the fire. I put the feathers on the arrows and smiled. I sat back while the chicken was cooking. When it was cooked, I rang the wake-up bell, and everyone came out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this!

This part was already pre-made, so I hope it's good.

Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening/night♡

Published 25th of August 2023

Word count: 997 (including this)