Chapter Twelve

*beep beep beep beep*

Tara and Amber both groggily opened their eyes and sat up out of bed. "Fuck, what time is it?" Amber asked as Tara stopped the alarm on her phone.

"I forgot it's fucking Monday." Tara groaned. "It's 7am." she continued as she slowly got up.

Amber let out a loud groan as she fell back into the bed. "Can't you just skip today? Come cuddle me instead." Tara smiled as she walked towards Amber's closet.

"I would love to, but I have a huge test today." she said as she searched for something else of Amber's to wear. "I can't miss it."

"Booooo." Amber let out tiredly before wrapping herself in her blanket. "I forgot you actually care about school."

As Tara searched for clothes, Amber just smiled as she admired Tara's figure. "You're so beautiful."

Tara blushed as she pulled out some black jeans and an olive green t shirt. "Shut up." she smiled without turning around so Amber wouldn't see her geeking.

"You are." Amber replied, knowing that made Tara all nervous.

When Tara was changed she turned towards Amber. "How does this look?"

"I love it." Amber spoke softly. Seeing Tara in her clothes just made her really happy. Tara walked towards Amber, "You sure?" she asked.

Amber smiled and pulled Tara back into the bed with her. Tara laughed as Amber kissed the back of her neck. "Can't you just take the test tomorrow?" Amber asked quietly as she continued to kiss Tara.

Tara almost gave in, but eventually turned to Amber so that they were face to face. She smiled at the pouty face Amber was making and kissed her. "I have to go. I'll be back before you know it." She kissed Amber one more time before getting out of the bed and grabbing her phone.

Amber groaned and turned over. Tara couldn't help but smile at her clinginess. Before leaving the room, she stood at the door for a second before finally saying, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." Amber responded with a tired voice, half asleep already.

Tara smiled and closed the door before walking down the stairs and calling Mindy.

"Almost there, probably another like 2 minutes." Mindy immediately said once she picked up.

"I'm at Amber's, could you get me from here?" Tara asked, knowing it wouldn't be a huge deal since the drive from Tara's house to Amber's wasn't too long at all.

"YOU SPENT THE NIGHT AT AMBER'S??" Mindy yelled through the phone.

Tara smiled and she felt her face get hot. "Maybeeee."

"You have so much to tell me, Tara. Seriously, you better tell me everything."

"I will I promise." Tara laughed.

"Okay good, I'll be there soon." Mindy said before hanging up.

After a few minutes of waiting, Tara saw Mindy's car pull up and walked over. "I cannot believe this is a real thing that's happening right now." Mindy spoke as Tara got into her car.

"Me neither to be honest." Tara responded.

"Nice outfit." she smirked, causing Tara to let out a shy chuckle.

"Please."

"Wait also, what even happened with your mom? I feel so fucking stupid for not realizing I had to lie. How mad was she on a scale of 1-10?"

"Well, she kicked me out, so I'd say like 46."

"She WHAT?" Mindy shouted. "Tara, fuck, I'm so sorry."