Chapter 9

"Good morning," the nurse said, walking into Melanie's room.

"Good morning," Bianca and Tara replied.

Melanie still wasn't speaking.

"I'm Jessica, your nurse today. I'm here to check your vitals, is that alright?" she said to Melanie.

Melanie slowly raised her thumb and gave the nurse a thumbs-up.

"Awesome." The nurse proceeded to record Melanie's vitals.

"Everything's looking good. Breakfast should be served soon. Please let us know if you need anything. I'll be glad to help," the nurse said to Melanie.

Melanie gave another thumbs-up.

"Thank you," Bianca said.

The nurse didn't respond to Bianca. She just looked at Bianca with a side eye, grunted, and walked out of the room.

"What the hell?" Tara said.

Bianca shrugged it off. She was used to Khalil's female fans showing their disapproval of her. Some of them were brave enough to lust about him out loud right beside her at games.
But she ignored them. They wanted him, she had him. There was no competition.

Right now, Bianca's main focus was her sister getting better. She looked at Melanie and rubbed her hand again.

Melanie spoke for the first time, "I've never felt so much pain." Her voice trembled with every word.

Tara rushed over to her side.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, Mel," Tara said, her eyes watering again.

Bianca took a deep breath, her eyes teary.

"Mel, who did this? Was it Victor?" she asked.

Melanie nodded yes. "He's been trying to get back with me and I kept telling him no. He showed up at my house right when I got home, and I told him he needed to leave. I told him I don't love him anymore and he snapped and started beating me."

"He has to pay for this," Bianca said.

"I'm gonna report him. I'm gonna speak to the cops today. I have cameras at my front door, so they'll be able to see the tape."

"I forgot you had cameras. That's good. He can't get out of this. His ass is going to jail," Tara said.

"That's if he hasn't ran off somewhere," Melanie said.

Knocks on the door interrupted their conversation. Letty walked in and hugged them, glad to see Melanie sitting reclined.

"You feeling a little better, baby?" she asked her.

"Yes, Mom, I'm getting there," Melanie said. "Mommy, take a seat. I wanna tell you something."

Letty did as told, her ears wide open.

"Don't flip out, okay? I'm gonna take care of it."

"I'm listening."

"Victor did this to me," Melanie said.
Letty leaped out of her seat so fast, Tara and Bianca had to hold her.

"What you mean Victor did this? He put his hands on you?" she exclaimed, wanting to go to war.

"Mom, calm down, please. I have cameras at my door. I'm gonna press charges and show the tapes to the police. He's gonna pay. Just calm down, Mommy, please," Melanie pleaded.

Not wanting Melanie to stress, Letty sat down and tried her best to remain calm.

"I have to pee," Melanie said. She slowly moved her legs off the bed, and they all rushed to help her.