#38 [ONE-SHOT] - Bubble

Please, allow me to flood you with the sea of Prinxiety in the forecoming chapters since my dumb ass was playing dead here since February. I'm not sorry. Thank you.
Word count: 1968
AU: Human

Synopsis: You'll see for yourself. Just nonsense, don't look for consistency. They might be out of character since they're adults here (around 26-27 years of age)

"You have the heart to come for the dog but not to take a look at your own daughter!"

"And you have the heart to prioritize drugs over your own daughter!"

"At least I'm here with her! We brought her up together! Don't make her suffer through this!"

"You already made her suffer too much!"

"Boo-hoo, poor Doug! Of course, you're not at fault," and so on and so forth, while the exchange of a high-pitched and a lower voice echoed through the telly screen.

"Duh! Your daughter's sanity is at risk, pill lady." Virgil took a spoonful of his soup, sitting on the ground in front of the couch. There was hardly anything more relaxing than watching Trash TV with your loved one.

"But the dude could be called a douche too, instead of Doug."

"Mmhm. Maybe there was an autocorrect in the script."

Roman snorted, "I mean! It's trash TV for a reason, a'ight."

"Dude, I will never finish my soup." Virgil grinned.

"Too bad, my love" the brunette winked. "Dysfunctional marriage sprinkled with unstable mental health on both parts? Boom, a match made in heaven." Roman threw a chef's kiss before taking a bite of his apple.

"Where's a therapist when you need one."

"I see one." Roman adjusted his position on the couch, "I, for one, see no hope for them but if you could bring them that, you'd be my hero." and gestured towards the screen with his head.

Virgil looked up and smiled "Let's just hope that Sanity and Lucas won't turn out like this."

"How did they- Oooh! Nonono. One, it's fiction. Two, it's tra-" Roman almost choked on his apple, a befuddled Virgil hitting his back "...Pardon. Three, it's time they get married, they've known each other since diapers, fell in love, and here they are! A dream-like romance..."

Virgil raised an eyebrow.

"Fine." Roman gently cupped his beloved's nape "Would your Roman not exaggerate?"

"Would never doubt that." Virgil rolled his eyes with his mouth helplessly twitching upwards.

"Good. But trust me on this. It was meant to be since they were little!"

"Yeah, because people remain the same fartknockers in adulthood."

"Har, har. Would make your job easier, huh, Moonlight?"

"I mean, kids are at least honest."

Roman sighed, resting his forehead against Virgil's head "But would these fartknockers resolve their issues without throwing temper tantrums?"

Virgil kept quiet but opened his mouth.

"You get the point."

"Huh, you're learning a lot." The ravenhead looked up, eyes sparkly, and connected their foreheads "Is this why my books keep disappearing?"

"Nay, you brought them back to the library."

"You get the point, Princey."

Roman held his shoulders "The point is that Sanity and Lucas grew up. They encountered many difficulties but then resolved their issues. Even if it took them a lotta effort."