Chapter 13: Pagasidae

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🦋Pagasidae🦋

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

I have a thought, last time in the cafe didn't work as planned: to put an end to their difference in salinity. Which I could treat, still, a good start. I'm already used to Sage acting like that but it still gets on my nerves.

"You need to practice yourselves speaking in front of an audience. You're not going to survive standing on the stage with something blocking your throat. So!" A shouting continuation from Ms. Aelyza, another lesson, and another training, made me wake up from being caffeine-deprived. That is, even though, I drank coffee this morning with Rijo and Sage.

"To reduce nervousness, I have some things that can be of help. First, drink water—an influencer once said, drink your water b-word. So, drink it. Don't be dehydrated because your saliva is your weapon. No slaver, no favor."

Another day of training. It was always fun although sometimes I nudge myself substitute to for coffee, waking myself up. I still have one more class at the end of this training. It was a cultural subject that I was tasked to report: contains the social beliefs and values, and literature, on the other hand, expresses these things in many literary forms, specifically that of the province's culture.

We are still seated in a circle like the last time. I felt that this would now be a training ritual. However, Sage sat further from my arch. It didn't bother me since I always knew his attitude. In any way, Rijo's currently my Indian seatmate.

"Second, don't think about the people...at the same time think about them. Ironic, right? To make it simple, align your speaking tone and language to the audience; Are they kids? Are they seniors? Are they corporate workers? But at the same time, don't be bothered by their intimidation, or their gazes, and think of them as freshly fried wings. If you still don't get me, it's alright, I also don't get myself," Ms. Aelyza resumed on her tips.

"Can I think of them as hotdogs?" Noah asked out of the blue. "It gets me less nervous when I see hotdogs."

"Of course! Whatever makes you less nervous." Faces of contemplation grew on everyone towards Noah, screaming out 'Really?' Noah nodded after his curiosity was filled.

"I'm gonna think of them as boys," Tori voiced with an indifferent expression. My lips quickly sealed while the corners reached high, trying to contain my laugh. Realizing it went fast for me, eyeing everyone and judging their slow brains because only I and Tori can get it.

Clarity went for a rusty gaze toward Tori. Her expression loudly explained how she didn't get a thing. It made me chuckle inside even more. My eyes accidentally landed on Rijo, finding him seemly containing a smile.

A bit, made my smile calmer, returning my eyes to the front. Sage sighed a roar of annoyance. He's been doing it since the training started. It gets on my nerves.

"Yeah, I do that sometimes. It works I guess," said Ms. Aelyza. I gaped my mouth and closed it tightly like a vacuum, biting both of my lips. Tori chuckled and beamed on her doppelganger joke. Clarity with her raised brows, Noah with his innocent daydreaming expression, and Sage with a blank stare—when my eye met his.

"Wait, what works again?" Noah turned his head on our way, looking innocently confused.

"Not getting nervous," cleared Sage with a monotonous tone. Noah eyed on top of his lids and waited some moment, mouth agape.

"Oh, I'm not nervous, I'm hungry. I think of them like that so that my stomach doesn't do the moths," Noah explained in his confusion. It made half of us nod in forced agreement. Disbelief shows on Clarity's face with heavy to-all yuck factor.