1. 'The Girl or The Case'

A sharp 'Crack!' rung out through the night, shattering the silent and tranquil atmosphere.

"Gunshots." Whispered Kat in an urgent, but calm tone. "We've got to get out of here." Like a cat, she deftly jumped over the wall and disappeared from sight. After only a moment's hesitation, he quickly followed suit.

As soon as he landed, burly men with muscles like bulging rocks, who were dressed from head to toe in black, approached and surrounded him. In the arms of the biggest man was Kat, gagged and blindfolded, but still fighting.

"Give us the briefcase, kid, or the girl dies." Threatened the man holding Kat, in a heavy Australian accent. He pulled a long silver knife from his belt, stroked it lovingly, and held it to Kat's throat. Unnoticed, Kat managed to pull the gag off with her bound hands. At the touch of the sharp blade, she immediately stopped struggling agaisnt her captor and fell limp in his arms.

"Don't do it!" Kat gasped in pain as her captor pushed the knife deeper into her neck.

"Zak. My name's Zak."

He faltered, unsure of what to do. Then his expression became one of determination. His muscles clenched and his body stiffened, ready. His mind was clearly made up and it was obvious by his expression and body language he wasn't going to give up easily. He forgot everything else that mattered as all his previous training came flooding back to him, adrenaline coursing through his viens.

Zak suddenly spun around, taking the figure behind him by surprise, just long enough that he could kick the man hard in the groin. As the other men approached, Zak became a whirlwind of destruction. He was on autopilot; Kick, Twist, Duck, Punch, Kick, Twist, Duck, Punch. He channeled all his anger through his limbs, the frustration when people asked about his past, the confusion at why he could sometimes not remember things, the anger that he had so willingly yet unknowingly walked straight into this trap.

All around him he could hear grunts of pain and the sounds of thudding as bodies hit the ground. Slowly, the men began to tire and become less in number; there were only a few left now.

As he swung his fist at one man's nose, causing him to start bleeding thickly, another crept up behind him and snatched the briefcase out his hands. He started to run, but not before Zak had twisted his arms behind his back and tripped him up. In retaliation, Zak's arm obtained a long, thin cut, which started oozing blood. Wincing with the pain, Zak swung a hit at his opponent, but instead the man caught his arm in midair and flipped him over. Another came running over, and struggling with the effort to stay conscious, he aimed a weak kick at the man who, by now, had him pinned down on the ground. Zak twisted his head around, but he was too late, Kat's captor had the briefcase in one hand, a dagger in the other, and Kat slung over his shoulder. The man climbed into a black car with tinted windows, and as the car drive away, Zak felt a sense of uselessness and dread wash over him.

As he slipped into unconsciousness, his last thought was that he had lost the briefcase, and one of MI5's top agents in the process.