Two.

The club opened at 9 P.M. and loads of people had come tonight. A full house. We were all behind the bar, myself sitting on the counter behind it looking out into the sea of people. The more you observe, the more you see the same types of people who always show up. There's always a group of girls having some sort of "girls' night." There are always the creeps who hit on the girls trying to enjoy their night out. Always a few on drugs, thinking they're slick, they're not. Oh, let's also not forget couples who will practically fuck on the dance floor. All I'm saying is there's a lot of notice. A lot to look at. I sit back staring for a few more minutes when Niall comes to join me.

"Whatcha looking at?" he asks.

"Just observing." As much fighting as we do, I really might be the closest with Niall. Although all the boys have always been there it just seems like Niall's been the first one by my side and the last one to ever leave it. If I ever told him any of that, though, he'd become so much more insufferable than he already is and I might actually kill him if he does.

"Observing what?" he continues

I look at him for a second then back to the crowd and nod my head "You see that girl?"

"What? The one in the blue dress?" He squints.

"Mhm. How old do you think she is?"

"How should I know? 24?" He guesses.

"Wrong. She's underage."

"What? Do you know her or something?"

"Never seen her before today."

"You're lying. Then how do you know?"

"Well, when she came up to the bar to get her drink, she had no clue what she was doing. Avoided eye contact, which also isn't a good sign. And she keeps checking her phone for the time."

"The time?"

"She can't miss her curfew, Ni, her parents will be raging." I laugh a bit and look at him.

"Wow. You're good." He laughs with me and pats me on the back. "Hey, now what about that girl in the red," He points "What's her story?"

I glance over into the direction he was pointing and as I was about to speak Louis interrupts us.

"Hey, c'mon Jess's friend is here."

"Hell yeah!" Niall says as he jumps off the counter and I roll my eyes. "I know you're not fond of new people but give it a chance, yeah?"

"Yeah. Fine. Whatever."

"That's the spirit!"

We all made our way to a private room in the back of the club, essential personal only. That makes it sound fancy. It's a crappy room with some old couches. It was nice though, we always ended up here when the club got too busy and we wanted our own space. Anyway, Jess made her way in with her friend. She was certainly a sight. Long brown hair, tanned skin, and cherry lips.

"Everyone," Jess started "This is Charlotte!" Everyone got up to greet her so I joined. Mostly handshakes, except for Niall who gave her a bear hug, and then she got to me. I shook her hand and brought it up to my lips for a kiss. Just because I didn't want to meet her doesn't mean I still don't have manners. We all sat back down and Jess went ahead and introduced us all.

"So, there's Zayn, Liam, Louis, Niall, and that's Harry." She told her friend and whispered to her "Harry can get grumpy, don't mind him." They both laughed and so did the boys.

"I've never been grumpy a day in my life." I defend myself

"Then, why did I see you pouting earlier?" Zayn included.

"I wasn't pouting." I mutter under my breath and everyone laughs again. This is going to be a great night, huh?

authors note

thank you sm for reading :))