017

017-KILLER

JON

Dear Jon,
I got your letter in time I hope, good luck with the vows. Don't forget them, that'd be a funny way to re aply wouldn't it?

I have the greatest news, Bran is awake. He woke last night with Summer howling loudly throughout the castle. He is well, thank the Gods. Missing you as we all are.

Winter is coming swiftly and I'm sure you can feel it up North. The town folk are preparing themselves for harsh winds. And even Old Nan has started to ramble about Northern Dragons. I wander where her imagination roots from.

I hope you can still send letters, if not you, it's keeping me sane!

I'm keeping Robb on his feet in the yard, he's won me over twice so far, I've won the rest. Dawnbreaker was the perfect gift, the best I've ever received. I've never picked up a blade that is so free to move. Mikken did a splendid job.

Anyway, as I said. Good look with your vows. Next time I see you, you'll be a man of the Nights Watch. Keep well please.

Yours Truly, Val.

Jon folded up the scroll, a large grin plastered across his face. Bran is awake.
He delicately placed it with the other three inside his battered old pillowcase. The room he shared with Sam, Edd and the boys was decrepid and dingey. At night, one sad candle would wilter down as their source of light. Sir Aliser said that they wouldn't need a candle if they were sleeping. Treating all the boys like sorry summer children.

Today, he was prepping himself to become a sworn man of the Nights Watch. To never leave his watch, to never sleep with a woman, to never bear any children. To never desert his brothers. So Valkyrie would never watch him die. So Robb would never have to behead him on the deserter's hill.

The soft boy by the name of Samwell Tarly would be reciting his vows alongside Jon. Before the old God's by the weirwood tree beyond the wall.
Samwell, wasn't your stereotypical bastard, rapist or burglar sent to the wall. No, a highborn lad with no idea on how to protect himself from others. Nonetheless, he was kind and not a snob in the slightest. A rose amongst thorns one might say.

Sam entered their dormitory with a loud sigh as he jolted forwards to grab his cloak with haste.
"I'm not ready." Sam announced to Jon who wa the only person in the room.

"What? You have to be ready." Jon replied with a confusion filles smirk as he clasped his black cloak around broad shoulders.

"I'll panic. I'll forget my vows."  The Tarly boy had stymbled in conversation before, Ser Alliser was a daunting man though. Especially to the likes of Samwell.

"You've heard of adrenaline?" Jon asked as he faced his soon to be brother. "In those books you read."

Sam nodded, fumbling around with his clasp. "Yes, I have. What of it?"

"If you think you'll forget them, nerves will give you adrenaline. You'll remember."

Sam nodded, finally his cloak was done up. "I suppose."

"Cmon then."

VALKYRIE

The Lannister imp was quick witted and smart. He knew what to and what not to say in situations. Where his place was, and where to go if he was not needed. Nor wanted.