Here With Me

The day of the classic was just around the corner.

It can be taken literally, because it was the training day before the long-awaited Barça vs Madrid.

The discomfort in the locker rooms had dissipated and was replaced by emotion but insecurity due to the next game. Madrid didn't feel prepared for a match like the classic since their last important match was in a draw, there was no certainty that they would win.

The doubts were not in vain and were reflected in Sergio and Luka. Ramos, the captain of the team, central defender and it could be said that one of the best defenses they had, was undoubtedly an important pillar that was faltering because of the events in his life.

His last games had not been favorable, Zidane knew it well and had kept his attention on him. It was notorious that his game faltered with his confidence and his mind seemed to torment him, Sergio was important so that the team did not fall and now the pillar was falling apart, leaving a weak defense in Real Madrid.

Then there was Modrić, who seemed normal and who Zidane had not taken too much importance until he analyzed the last match against Bayern.

The Croatian was good at pretending, pretending that he was playing as he always did, that he stayed strong and nothing affects him, and you might not notice it, but Zidane was his coach and had seen him many times on the field, so he was able to differentiate him.

He was faltering just like Sergio. Luka was important for Real Madrid, it was undoubtedly the connection between the defense and the attack, now he was destabilizing in every game, hesitating in every play, stumbling on his own feet, questioning every pass; the walls of Madrid were falling apart on two of his best players, Zidane knew it better and had to think about his options.

They were in training, practicing possession, speed and shooting, they were all tense and it was noticeable in their bodies. He saw Cristiano make his shot with his jaw clenched and being followed by Luka, who started the track with obstacles for speed, wobbly and indecisive at the time of reaching the ball.

- "Luka, don't hesitate!" shouted the technical director reprimanding him for making a mediocre shot that would be easy for the goalkeeper to predict. The named only stretched his shoulders and saw how his turn was going to be expected at the end, being followed by Sergio who seemed to talk to him.

Zidane was worried and it was not a surprise when he gathered them both to give them a talk that ended in scolding.

...

Sergio didn't know where his mind was and he knew that Luka was having the same problem.

After Zidane gave them a fight, he realized that he wasn't the only one who couldn't concentrate. He hadn't noticed it, but after observing it for a while he realized it. They were small changes but they affected his entire way of playing.

Another thing I had noticed was that the whole team was tense, which is why Marcelo suggested that they will all have dinner that night together, without alcohol and finish early to be able to prepare for the next day. And in a way he did it, because it was all laughter and jokes on the restaurant table, no one mentioned his deficiency in past games or anything related to games that could make them feel more pressured than they already were. It was fun and they ate like a family; it helped at least at the time.

Dinner was also the reason why Luka was sitting next to him in the car while Sergio was driving to the eldest's house. He had suggested picking it up and leaving it at home early that day as a suggestion from Marcelo, although he would do it anyway as he does most days. He loved the smell of Lukita's cologne mixed with the lavender of the car air freshener, although he loved everything about Luka anyway.

- "I'm nervous for tomorrow" - he admitted when they arrived at the entrance of the Croatian's house.

- "We all are" - he heard Luka admit to his side. - "Somehow, the classic is always highly anticipated."

- "It has always been" - and turned to see Luka looking at him as if he expected him to continue talking. - "Are you going to tell me that you didn't expect it when you were a child?" -.

"I think I had other things to worry about as a child," Luka said.

"Oh, yes, I'm sorry."

- "Did you do it? You know, get excited about a classic" - and he saw Luka tear the skin off his nails while asking.

- "Always. I used to look at it with my parents," he remembered with nostalgia the moments of his childhood. "My dad was a big fan of Real Madrid, I guess I'm just like him," he laughed.

"Do you think he'll be watching tomorrow?" Luka asked.

- "I suppose so." - He left a smile rest on his lips because of the idea of his parents watching their games, he knew they did it when they could and he was grateful for all their support. There was a silence where his words floated in the air of the car, he felt good but there was the idea of losing tomorrow that pecked his mind.

- "Do you think we will win tomorrow?" - he dared to ask, because Luka always gave him security.

- "I don't know, maybe. I hope so"-.

- "Mmh" - and then they were silent again.

Sergio watched Luka who was observing the sky through the glass of the car, his eyelashes fluttered over his eyes, which brought that look he made when he wanted to say something and he didn't know how, usually because he didn't remember the words in Spanish.

Luka looked like a work of art before the eyes of the Spaniard, his pale skin being illuminated only by the artificial light of the city, it was not smooth but it looked perfect with each of its folds and pigmentation. His hair fell soft on his forehead, eyebrows and eye, and the golden reflection could be seen by the fake stars. I could see it like this for hours and never get tired.

- "Today is a good night" - he moved his attention to the thin, pink lips that moved when talking. - "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

- "Yes..." - he said without paying his attention to the night sky of that day, he had no idea if the moon was there or not, because he did not move Luka's eyes in the next seat, but for him what he saw was beautiful.

His hand moved like a ghost and landed softly on the Croatian's cheek and slid his thumb under his left eye, caressing with affection and forcing Luka to see him. His dark eyes were beautiful and he could see every detail under the artificial lights, he was ecstatic by the beauty of his midfielder's soul.

Luka's eyes wandered through his face as if he were looking for something or analyzing what he saw. He moved his thumb to the Croatian's lip that were dry and cracked under his touch, feeling his breath crash under his finger and resisted not to kiss him at that moment, Luka was so perfect, so beautiful.

Under his hand when Luka approached slowly and kissed him on the cheek as a way to say goodbye.

- "It's getting late" - Luka said, moving away from his face and opening the car door to get out. -"Thank you for bringing me, see you tomorrow" - he said goodbye from the outside peeking through the hole in the door, holding her with his arm.

- "See you tomorrow" - and then the door closed and he saw Luka disappear into his house through the windows.

He pressed his head against the steering wheel because it was the second time that the Croatian escaped from his hands in front of his eyes and it hurt more and more.

He took a break and went home with his heart in his hand, squeezing the steering wheel because tomorrow would be a difficult day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love small details like the moon's pun. If you don't know what you mean, it's a way of saying "I love you" that is used in Japan.

It can also be noted that Sergio is really distrusting himself when he asks if they will win or not, because it can be compared to chapter 3 where he says that you can't doubt about the same thing.

I let you one of my Lukamos drawings, you can follow me on twitter where I some art like that.