Revelation

The passenger door flew open, and Noah ran to Agent Green whose eyes were wide in shock. He had seen the look before; it was the thousand-yard stare that many hostages acquire after the trauma they undergo.

Noah examined him to find that nothing physical had been done to him, but it was clear that the abuse was all mental. The decapitated head swung from Greens hand, and blood trickled over his black boots as it moved back and forth.

Noah heard Jolly yell into his coms that they had found one of the agents, and Noah's eyes darted from the lifeless glowing brown eyes to Agent Greens face.

"I-I had to do it." Green stumbled over his words as his eyes drifted down to Liv's father.

Noah guided him to the SUV and Jolly retrieved a body bag from the trunk. Unfortunately, they didn't have an evidence bag big enough to store the head, so a body bag would have to suffice for the time being.

Jolly opened the bag towards Green and he released his grip on it sending it tumbling to the bottom.

Noah cringed at the sound it made when it hit the ground, and Jolly shook his head in amazement before tossing it into the trunk for safe keeping.

"Where's Bowman?" Noah asked, and guided Green to the backseat of the SUV.

Green shook his head and shrugged, "He's with someone from the Fangs, I don't remember her name."
Jolly and Noah glanced at each other, and Noah leaned his weight against the frame of the car door causing it to shift under him.

"Did she have really creepy blue eyes?" Jolly asked, eyeing Green cautiously. It was almost as if he was afraid of the response he was going to receive.

Green nodded and snapped his fingers. "Yes, exactly! She helped me escape."

Noah furrowed his eyebrows and pushed himself from the car door. Jolly walked around to meet him at the trunk and they huddled together shoulder to shoulder.

"That means it's just her and Azrael left." Noah said rubbing his temple in a circular motion. The pain from his shoulder was back full force, and it was causing his head to throb.

"Do you think they're in on it together?" Jolly questioned as flashing red and blue lights neared them from the side street.

The calvary was here.

Before Noah could answer, Donnovan screeched to a halt next to them and jumped out of the driver's seat.

"What the hell are you doing here, Sebastian?!" He yelled, the volume of his voice sent shooting pains through Noah's head.

"Can we discuss that later? Agent Green needs to be seen." Jolly said and pointed to the back seat of the SUV where Green was frozen in fear.

Donnovan nodded reluctantly and made his way to Green with a paramedic on his heels.

Agent Kim arrived on the scene a few moments later, and the look on his face was that of pure admiration.

"I have to say, you guys have really outdone yourself." He shook Jollys hand and then glanced at Noah's shoulder which was still bandaged up from his surgery.

"They told me you got shot, aren't you supposed to be recovering?" Kim examined the bandage and furrowed his brow in concern.

"We knew that finding Agents Green and Bowman was of high importance, my shoulder can wait." Noah responded and crossed his arms over his chest. The movement sent searing pain across his shoulder, and he winced.

Agent Kim pretended not to notice and turned his attention to Donnovan who had rejoined them a few seconds prior.

"I trust that you will go back to the hospital to at least get some pain medication for that shoulder." Donnovan said to Noah, his eyes narrowing.