Skittles for Leo

What do the people aboard the Argo II do when Leo finds Skittles?

PJO does not belong to me. All I own is the plot.

If Hedge's megaphone-speech looks like *this* then he sounds like Darth Vader. If Leo is speaking Spanish or Piper is speaking French it looks like "this".

I always felt like Leo always wants to help people, and is good with physical health aspects of medicine but not really mental/emotional, so he sticks with machines and Nico.

Leo and Nico are like brothers in this, they tease each other a lot but not about sore subjects, they also confide a lot in each other, and they play Mythomagic together a lot.

No ships for this one, but others will probably have ships. Only Jason and Hazel know that Nico's gay.

Tw for bullying by Hedge, thievery (also by Hedge), and Nico hating himself. Also be careful of Leo's singing.

"Alrighty, Festus, I'm back!" Leo sang as he held up a bag of candy. "And I brought snaaaccckkkks!

Leo had gotten some Skittles from a vending machine in Venice, and was enjoying them as he sat beside his bronze dragon automaton, Festus.

Leo wasn't really supposed to have Skittles by Hedge's rules – something about the deity Chaos looking like a calm wind – but Leo never really listened to Hedge, and his Skittles were just so gods dam delicious, especially the orange ones.

And yes, Leo was technically the pilot of the Argo II, but Annabeth was good enough with the controls to be able to keep them on course while Leo took breaks to eat and to sleep. Half his snack breaks were used to eat the solid happiness, in the crawlspace that only he and Nico were small enough to get into, and Nico had been sworn to secrecy, since he seems to understand how it felt to love something and not be able to have it/them. Leo get the feeling that Nico's dilemma is romantic, but the last time Leo asked, the fucker just stole a mouthful of the Skittles and chewed in slow-motion.

Nico and Leo had actually played a lot of Mythomagic in that crawlspace, and the Skittles made both of them happy.

But, of course, happiness and demigods-on-a-quest really don't mix, since Hedge came busting in.

"LEO VALDEZ!" Hedge shouted through the megaphone, into Leo's face. *Hand over the Skittles now, Cupcake!*

Leo didn't see what was so wrong with his Skittles, since they actually made him feel calmer when he ate them. But Hedge, Jason, Piper, Reyna, Thalia, and Chiron didn't know that, since all they did was take the Skittles, never listening to a word of what he said about it.

"VALDEZ! DID YOU HEAR ME?!" *I SAID, GIVE ME THE SKITTLES!*

Frank, being the sweet teddy-bear he was, tried to help Leo. "Stop yelling in his face, Coach! Especially with the megaphone!"

Hedge turned to Frank. "I WILL YELL IN VALDEZ'S FACE ALL I WANT, AND IN YOURS TOO CUPCAKE!"

Meanwhile Leo saw Percy tapping on the ship in Morse code – probably to Annabeth – that Leo had gotten Skittles and Percy wished he could have joined Leo in making Chaos look like a gentle breeze. Annabeth tapped back to tell Percy to please not distract her while she's at the controls.

"Percy! I don't get more hyperactive from Skittles!"

"YEAH RIGHT, VALDEZ!" *You have ADHD, you get more hyper from sugar than most!*

Leo's mind wandered to where Nico might have gone. He had been in the crawlspace with Leo playing Mythomagic, but Leo had gone in first and there was only one way in and out – unless Festus was counted – and Leo had been able to get out yet Nico had disappeared the second Hedge had started yelling.