The First Meeting

"Britta! Beeil dich!" my friend Cassie yelled. "I'm coming!" I called back and i searched my room for my other sneaker. I finally found it and slipped it on as i ran down the stairs. "Finally! Wait. A dress with sneakers?" Cassie asked. I nodded as i adjusted my small silver heart necklace. "Yup, i'd rather be comfortable at the club and not wake up with blisters. Oh and by the way, you pronounced 'Beeil dich' wrong." i laughed
She rolled her eyes and we both headed out to her car. When we arrived at the club, it was very full. It smelled like cigarettes and smelly men. We stayed close as we walked in and took a seat at the very full bar. i pulled my small black purse with a long chain strap off my shoulder and onto my lap. Cassie sat next to me and ordered two very strong drinks. "Oh! So we are gonna get wasted tonight?" i asked with a chuckle, she smiled and nodded. Something was off with her. She didn't seem as cheerful as she usually was, she wasn't popping out jokes every second she could like she used to.
I tried to brush it off as i took a sip from my drink. my face cringed as the alcohol hit my tongue. It was so strong. "Damn! this is strong Cass!" i exclaimed. She didn't reply, she stared straight ahead as she took a chug from her glass. "I'll be back, i'm gonna go to the bathroom." she finally said. "Oh i'll come with! i don't want to be alone out here." I said "No. i'll be fine." Cassie said as she stood up and quickly made her way through the crowd. I raised my brow at her in confusion as she walked away. I hoped that she would return quickly.
I didn't like the idea of sitting alone at a bar. Then suddenly, a tall skinny man with black and white dreads took Cassie's seat. I wanted to speak up and say that seat was taken, but i didn't know what he was capable of, so i stayed silent and took small chug of my drink. Then another tall man with brown dreads pulled back into a ponytail sat next to him. They looked fairly similar. I again stayed silent.
After a minute of talking, the guy in Cassie's seat ordered a beer and looked around. When he got his drink he took a sip and looked over to me. I could feel his eyes wandering around my face as i stared down at my bare legs with my hand over my drink. "You don't have to worry. I'm not a creep." he finally said. I looked up worriedly. "What?" he set down his beer and nodded toward my drink. "I'm not gonna drug you." He chuckled. I showed a little smile "Just gotta be safe." i joked.
I was so nervous. I needed Cassie to come back. I took a big chug from my glass hoping that the alcohol would kick in already and calm my nerves. "You here alone? That's dangerous." the man explained. "No, i'm here with my friend." I said quietly. He nodded and drank from his large glass of beer. "I'm Bill." He said as he held out his hand. "I'm Britta." i hesitated as i shook his hand. His hands were soft and feminine. He had black nails with white french tips. i'd never seen nails like that before.
"do i hear a german accent?" He asked with a sly smile. "I'm from germany." i said "I knew it! What part?" he asked. i explained that i was Leipzig and he said he was too. He had such a soft and calming voice. He had such a warm and comforting smile. Even though i do not know him, i felt safe with him. We carried on a conversation about our childhoods and our experiences in Leipzig. "Would you like another drink?" he asked. "Sure! Thank you." He was such a kind soul. I hadn't even known him him 30 minutes, but i could tell he was kind.
he ordered me a couple more drinks and at this point i was very drunk.
Finally, Cassie came back, almost as drunk as i was. Her hair was ratted and her dress straps falling off her shoulders. "Cass! Where the hell were you?" I spat drunkly at her. Then a guy brushed past her from behind adjusting his jeans. I stared at them both in disgust. She grabbed my arm and dragged me out the side door of the bar. i stared back at Bill trying to reach my arm out to him. I liked him, i wanted to talk with him more. When we got outside she threw me against the cold brick wall. "Don't talk to strangers Britta!" She yelled. We argued back and forth about how i 'always do this' and it's dangerous. I was too drunk to care. But i could tell Cassie was beyond pissed
"Lets go home. Now!" Cassie yelled. "No! not yet i want to talk more with him!" i spat back. She grunted in frustration. "You know what. Fuck it!" She yelled as she stomped off to her car and sped off without me. i now had no way to get home. i leaned against the cold wall and sighed. "Fuck." i said under my breath. I grabbed my purse and rummaged through it searching for a cigarette and a lighter. Cassie hated that i smoked. She thought it was nasty and unhealthy. Suddenly, the bar door creaked open and Bill emerged from the smelly bar.
"You okay Brit?" He asked. "No." i spat as i slammed my purse on my shoulder in frustration. "What happened?" he asked. i shook my head and fiddled with my finger nails. "Do you have a smoke?" i asked quietly, he smirked and nodded as he pulled out a pack and light a cigarette for me. "You know smoking is bad for you" he said jokingly. "Oh trust me i know. Cassie won't let me forget it." i laughed as i took a drag of the cigarette.