Chapter One

No one's POV:
———— ❈ ————
Mrs. Hudson was waiting patiently to meet the person who'd made an offer on the flat down the hall to Sherlock Holmes. She took a sip of tea every few moments, the only sound that broke the silence was the ticking of the clock on the wall.

Wait... silence...

The landlady quickly stood up, maybe a bit too quick, she winced at the sudden ache in her hip. I stood up a bit too quickly for my brittle bloody hip... she thought with a sigh, the pain subsiding momentarily. Mrs. Hudson walked up the stairs, peering into Sherlock's flat, checking if he was there. Before even noticing whether or not he was there, she gave a small smile. The ghosts of fond memories haunted every corner of this room. Her eyes wandering to the bullet holes in the wall to the skull that sat on the top of the fire place. The smell of the room was familiar, of course it was, she was the landlady, but the scent made her feel nostalgic. Mrs. Hudson gave a soft chuckle as her head filled with times she walked in on Sherlock and John in the middle of one of their absurd cases or when Sherlock was getting up to shenanigans while John was away to keep his boredom at bay.

"Mrs. Hudson."

The landlady flinched like she was watching a horror movie, her heart racing from the aftershock of the scare. Then she recognized the voice that spoke from behind her, immediately calming down, "Sherlock Holmes! You nearly gave me a heart attack! How is it possible you are so quiet!?" Mrs. Hudson scolded, placing her frail and dainty hand over her heart.

The detective scoffed with an eye roll, "No need to be so over dramatic." He said with his usual blunt, monotoned voice.

Mrs. Hudson huffed, her eyebrows furrowing, "Aren't you one to talk Mr. Holmes!" She retorted. Sherlock sighed, brushing past her and into the flat. He hadn't removed his coat or his scarf at the door so he was likely keeping it on.

He took a seat in his black chair, quirking a brow at the empty chair across from him, "Where's John?" He asked, glancing at Mrs. Hudson then shifting his gaze back to John's chair.

"He went out to get some things from the store. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going down stairs," She replied, turning around to go back down stairs to see if her guest had arrived.

Sherlock cleared his throat loudly, causing her to halt, "Mrs. Hudson, make me some tea, will you." He said, not even asking, just saying it like a statement, typical Sherlock.

The Landlady scoffed, turning around to look at him, "I'm not your housekeeper Sherlock Holmes. Besides, I'm about to meet a potential renter for one of the flats around here, so I don't have time to-"

"Someone new around here?" Sherlock cut her off, which earned him a disapproving glare for doing so.

"Yes. Now make your own damn tea!" She said, turning on her heel, leaving Sherlock alone in the flat, processing what he heard.

By this time, most people around here know who he is, what he does, his strange behavior, so who in their right mind would want to be neighbors with Sherlock Holmes, or even entertain the idea of moving in next to him?

This should be.... Intriguing.

———— ❈ ————

Heya there folks! Sorry for the short chapter, a little lack of motivation, but I'll be updating my Alastor x reader story soon! And hopefully I will be updating this one soon too.

- Fruit_Kid