The Lion • Masked White's

"you will have to arrange an appointment next to the party at the restaurant and sneak in without getting noticed, the party theme is based on 'Masked White's' so please be prepared."

Dorothy annoyed my ass but she was pretty cool. had my outfits prepared everyday. Worked on designs that clients have seen Estelle Arsenault and other celebrities wear.

I was still stuck in Strasbourg after the accident. By that meaning i didn't get caught, thankfully the guards were too uncaring to think of looking around.

“i heard Estelle will be stepping down,” she grinned, her surrounding full of fashion magazines and tiny fabrics laying around her room.

Technically, it was my last day in Strasbourg. After i drove Estelle, she confessed she was leaving today after the party. I wanted to follow her but i had to deal with some business.

“i need something white, take red ornaments on it.” i said, my hands going in my pockets.

“to make it look like blood?”

Exactly.

My sister knew me well enough.

“Right, make it unique.” the only thing i wanted to see tonight was Estelle looking around in vivid horror, not because of fear.

But of deceived joy.

I exited her office as i made my way through the building, hoping to catch A prey on my way. And i did.

“Daniel Diaz, pleasure meeting you..?” he paused, of course the Diaz's didn't know my full name. But i knew everyone's.

How Ironic.

“River Morrigan, pleasure's mine,” he chuckled slightly, his smile dropping as i squeezed his hand harder than i should have. Later there appeared a blonde girl next to him.

Definitely dyed hair, didn't seem natural. The lady smiled up at Daniel, she was just short below his nose. Then she turned to me, back to Daniel who stared back at her.

“uh, This is Vivianne. My-”

“His Fiancée, nice meeting you sir.” the girl seemed confident as she didn't even brought her hand out to shake it with mine, not that i tried.

My eyes scanned her entirely, i already knew biography of her. Vivianne Burnett, had connections with Diaz's, didn't work in cause of being in university. Rude personality, her idol addressed as Estelle Arsenault. Which made sense why she was named rude.

I raised my eyebrows, “Fianceé huh?” my gaze lowered to her hands, the diamond must be at least 3.5 karats. I barely kept my word out of my mouth, i have seen Daniel touch Estelle couple of times.

I was stalking her, as always.

But if he layed another finger-

“Are you invited to the party, Mr. Morrigan?” Vivianne asked politely, she seemed like an extrovert. Easily manipulating people into talking and connecting with her.

“Indeed,” i responded, noticing how Daniel was staring at her and at me.

Aww, little Danny thinks I'll steal her fiancée.

I wanted to say out loud but i liked Vivianne's presence way to much, i could tell if she met Dorothy, they'd practically be best friends for life. If not internally.

“my apologies, dearest Diaz's. But i have to get going.” the only business i had was that i needed to prepare for the white tie event and go to the meeting i didn't want to go.