Chapter 10: Suspicion arises.

After Miki's arrival had died down, life seem to went back to the way it used to be, well, other than the fact that the magic knight exams are getting closer (they had two months left to be exact) and Asta, Yuno and Miki will be leaving their little village for who knows how long.

With that in mind, the three teenagers are using most of their time to hone their skill.

Deep in the forest where no one could easily find her, Miki is practicing her new found magic spells under Star's guidance. The fairy, now known as the celestial spirit, had given Miki a chance to prove herself so of course, Miki isn't going to miss it.

"The difference between normal grimoire spells and my spirit spells is that it drains more mana." Star explained. "Usually when people use spirit magic, it's the spirit's job to cast it, but I'm different, you're going to cast my spells."

"I see." Miki mumbled as she flipped through the new spells she just received.

The new spells that Miki got in her grimoire are called "astrology magic" as Star called them and when cast, they will drain more mana than regular spells.

"Which is probably not going to be a problem for you anyway." Star commented.

The special thing about astrology magic is that based on the zodiac sign, there will be different magic attributes given.

"For example, take Pisces." Star pointed. "It is a water sign, so the spells basically has water magic attributes. But don't be fooled, these attributes are not as powerful as their original counterpart, but then again, it is spirit magic so-"

"So basically I have to study how to use 12 of these new spells?"

"Uh...it's more like...36 of them." Star just said. "Each zodiac had like 3 spells."

"What?! That much? And I have to learn all of them in only 2 months?!" Miki gawked, her mouth hanging open.

"Hey, learning how to deal with spirits ain't easy shit." Star shrugged, seemingly unbothered. "If you can't learn them, then that just shows that you're incapable of wielding my powers."

"Of course I'll learn it! I swear!" Hearing this, Miki quickly replied back, much to Star's amusement.

————————————

"Astrology magic: Pisces's Bay!"

"Double wave!"

Immediately, 2 water fish flew out of the magic circle and began to swirl around Miki.

Miki had been keeping her words of practicing spirit magic with Star in the deep forest as per Star's request of not wanting to be seen.

"The fishes were quite small, but I think it's quite impressive that you managed to summon them on the first try." Star mused, her expression didn't change much.

"So I just use spirit magic, so cool..." Miki said, still mesmerized by the magic fishes she summoned, who are still floating around her when suddenly, they pop and turn into water puddles.

"Focus now, would you?!" Star scolded. "You need to concentrate if you wanna use spirit magic."

But then, the spirit halted and began to look around.

"Huh? Star, are you ok-"

"Someone's coming." Star cuts the princess off before reverting back into the grimoire.

"Huh? Wait!" Miki blurted, still don't understand what is going on when-

"Miki, what's wrong?"

She screech.