Chapter 21 - Epilogue

Two years later

Felix steps out on the field of Seoul World Cup Stadium, his hands shaking as jittery nerves boil under his skin. Taking a deep breath he brings the microphone to his mouth.

"Hello!" The roar of sixty thousand fans greets him as his face appears on the jumbo screen. "I'm Lee Felix, the host of Missed Connection Connected and I would like to thank the K-League for allowing me to crash your half-time."

He'd resisted when Hyunjin had suggested recording the reunion scene for the season five finale at the stadium during the halftime of Atletico Madrid versus Team K League. Now, spinning slowly he takes in the faces of the fans in the crowd and knows his Hyung's idea is perfect. Tickets had sold out in record time after announcing the show's presence at the game.

"I hope everyone here will tune in next week when our season finale airs! No spoilers for those not in attendance OK?! We only have fifteen minutes so let's get to it!" The roar of the crowd dies as people fall silent and try to listen. "In high school Ji Chang-wook met Han Hyo-joo at his team's championship soccer tournament. She was the other group's manager and they-"

Static feedback echoes around the stadium as Felix's voice disappears. Smacking the mic against his palm nausea hits him at the unexpected technical breakdown. Shit, they hadn't planned for this.

"Uhhh... Hello!" He spins to look at the jumbo screen as a voice he instantly recognizes booms out of the stadium speakers. A recording of a clearly very nervous Chan looks down at him from the screen. His boyfriend sitting in a director's chair against a black background. "Hi everyone. You all don't know me but my name is Christopher Bahng." The crowd roars, the screams of spectators filling the air.

Confusion and panic have Felix's blood running cold. What the hell is going on? Frozen in shock he can only stare dumbly at the large screen as the recording of Chan continues to play.

"Two years ago I was supposed to be on season three of Missed Connection Connected. The special episode was going to feature the host of the show, Lee Felix being reunited with me, his high school boyfriend."

A collective gasp sounds around the full stadium as Chan nervously scratches the back of his neck. "The reason why you all never saw the episode is because of me. I screwed up." Regret rolls across his boyfriend's face and Felix feels the first press of tears against the back of his eyes. "Felix was my best friend, the love of my life for years but sadly we broke up under pretty bad circumstances. I thought he had broken my heart, so in return, I broke his. The day of filming I had no idea we were being reunited so when I saw him for the first time in eight years I lost it. I ruined the episode by pushing him away."

Absolute silence falls over the crowd as a small thumbnail of Felix watching the recording appears on the corner of the screen. "I broke his heart for a second time that day and I still regret it."

A tear slips out of his eye at the memory of Chan yelling, demanding Felix say the last words spoken between them. The bruising force of fingers pressing into his arms.

The recording of Chan smiles. "But, like the angel he is Felix never gave up on me. Through his friends, he reached out and we were able to reconnect. So, here I am, many years too late but finally ready for my episode." Chan nods to a person behind the camera and Hyunjin's voice fills the air.

"When did you know you loved Felix?"

His single tear becomes many as Felix realizes what is happening. For the second time in his life, he is a guest on his own show.