II

Lucinda smirked as Kelvin stormed out after he'd finished his chore. He groaned in frustration. If only there was something he could use against her then she might not be blackmailing him with a ordinary broken plate that he believes wasn't his fault.

“We're home!". Kelvin shook from the sound of his Dad's voice. Both his Dad and stepmother were back. Seeing Lucinda so excited to see them was scaring him.

“Welcome home,MOM?!"She said giving her a sorta angered look. “Dad!". Joseph smiled as he gave her a hug. “Guess someone missed us,uh?!"
Lucinda smiled back. Her smile clearly looked fake.

“Something interesting happened
while you were away, wanna hear it?". Lucinda said; she turned to Kelvin and gave him a devilish grin. Marvin shook his head but she ignored him.

“Spill it out,Lu... we don't have time for this!". Her mom said not moving her gaze from her cell. Lucinda frowned a little but Joseph placed his left hand on her shoulder. “You can tell me. Unlike your Mom, I'm into interesting stuffs". His new wife,Angela just rolled her eyes and scoffed.

Kelvin immediately rushed out from his corner where he was peeping through. “Hey, Dad.Hi, Mrs Stones!".
Lucinda gnashed her teeth angrily. “How are you, Kelvin?
Any interesting stuffs happen today?"
“Hmm...no, Dad. Nothing interesting,right Lucinda". He said nudging her with his an elbow and winking stylishly.

A glint of anger and admixture of I'm gonna kill you turd filled Lucinda's chest even when she managed to force a smile. “Yeah, sorry!".
“It's okay, Lucy!"Joseph said as he picked her on the cheeks. “Come on,Angy!".

Angela followed him with her arms wrapped around his elbow.  Lucinda turned to Kelvin. “You got lucky, Kelvin. Next time would end up differently!". She glared at him for some minute before leaving for her room.

Kelvin sighed deeply. He dodged one bullet but how long?. He wasn't out of Lucinda's little scheme just yet. Just then,he noticed a piece of clothing just floating nearby.

He rushed to see whose it was and his eyes lit up when he saw Maya brushing her blonde silky hair close to the window. He gave a gentle sigh of compassion. She was everything he wanted. She was beautiful,her pink gown shone considering the sun.

Maya noticed him staring at her. She smirked knowingly. “Sorry, I didn't mean to bother..."She said moving a bit closer to the window.
“You don't have to apologize.
We're neighbors after all." He said blushing and trying to conceal it.

“Yeah, okay. Hmm... I'm Maya
Sinclair..."
“I know who you're. I'm Kelvin
Taylor no relation to Taylor Swift!" Maya chuckled softly. She almost noticed Kelvin's loveridden eyes.
“Okay,Taylor boy. Guess
  I'll see you later!". Kelvin smiled affirmatively. “Yeah...goo..goo.. goodnight!". He stammered. He covered his mouth in embarrassment but Maya was no longer there.

He blushed amidst a smiling face. Guess he has a chance with her after all. That was the beginning of his firstreallove. He laid next to the window staring at the surroundings;colorful butterflies fluttering everywhere, the leavy trees and the withered ones, the rabbit hopping back into its burrow and the yellow moon.

He smiled within himself. But he didn't notice Lucinda staring at him from up the stairs. She saw everything obviously and the angry smirk on her face said it all.