1. The wrong man.

After having a hard day at work wrangling toddlers i am now sitting in a bar. I needed some time with grown-ups. I love my job i really do... I love watching over little kids but after a day of talking with toddles about toddler things i needed some normal conversation... But as i look around i realize that maybe a bar where people are intoxicated, and basically adult toddlers was not the best idea... Still, it is better than wrangling actual toddlers and deal with their parents at the end of the day... Friday was always the worst... On Friday Maggie's father would always pick her up and that man had no shame. It was no secret that he and Maggie's mother had a toxic relationship and that he would flirt with everything that moved. But lately he had set his sight on me... And no matter how professional i tried to keep it he wouldn't stop... 

I look around the bar when my attention gets pulled to a loud group... As i am watching the group of men laughing and joking around, my eyes get pulled to on one of them... The are loud and rowdy. They are giving the one who caught my eyes a hard time. They are being typical idiotic men... The guy that seems to be the butt of the joke and i dont know why but i dont like it. He is cute and seems sweet... He doesn't look as tough as the others... He has a soft air over him and i realize that that is probably why he is being singled out... He is a little geeky, but his body is strong, and the muscles are clearly visible in his pink shirt... Especially his arms... The arms are giving the fabric of the sleeves a hard time... He is nicely built... His goat tee and blond spikes are not something i normally would go for but on him it looks cute... I can't explain it but something about him pulls me in... He seems like the big strong teddy bear type. With the personality of a golden retriever...  At least from what i could see on the surface... 

They all seem big, strong and rough and i am guessing they are military seeing as there is a base nearby... They have this military air over them... They seem to be celebrating something, drinks are flowing... I internally groan as my eyes meet one of the guys who smirks and holds up his drink as to say cheers and i roll my eyes. I hope and pray he will not act on this as it was not the one i was watching... But no such luck and i groan as the man who held up his drink stands up and starts to walk my way... He is confident and cocky, i could see it in the way he walked... The smirk on his face was from a man who was used to women flirting with him. I dreaded having to talk to him as he gave me a bad vibe even from across the bar. But maybe he could give me some info on the man that did catch my eye... His golden retriever friend... 

I sigh as he reaches me leaning against the bar all cocky... I hate men like that... Men that think that flashing a smile with some sort of lame pick up line will work. Men that are used to putting in the minimal effort to seduce a woman... A man who definitely is not used to rejection and a woman not falling for his crap. A man who thinks he is god's gift to women... "Hello sweetheart... I am Rogue... What is your name gorgeous..." He says flashing a smile and i sigh... "Hello..." I say in a short cold tone not planning on telling this man my name... I am not planning on giving him any type of information about myself... 

"Oh, dont be like that gorgeous... Why so cold...? I know you have been watching me... No need to be shy now... I am flattered..." He says and i look at him raising an eyebrow... I scoff... "Really? Huh, i must be crossed eyed then because i was definitely not looking at you..." I say and for a moment the man looks at me stunned... He pushes himself of the bar and looks at me his eyes going dark and he looks agitated... I ignore it and fix my eyes back on the group... I smile as the blond seems all excited about something waving his arms around... I chuckle. His big strong arms flexing and for a second i wonder how they would feel around my holding me tight. I feel my body heat up and a few butterflies in the pit of my stomach...

But then there he is again... Rogue... His name suits him... He seems like a man who would go rouge... His voice is annoying... "Hate to break it to you but our colonel is spoken for sweetheart... So is the man next to him... He is expecting a baby and is very married... And well the man with the hat... His name is Cougar... The name speaks for itself..." He says a little annoyed that i am not biting. I tilt my head a little... "And the blond? Is he single?" I ask not even looking at Rouge and a little annoyed that he doesn't even mention him... As if he is not worth mentioning... I wonder what the friendship dynamic is in this group... I wonder if they all talk about the blond like this... It annoys me... 

"Jensen!?" He says as if i just said the most ridiculous thing ever... I take a deep breath as i let the name Jensen run through my head... "That's his name? Jensen?" I ask smiling and Rogue scoffs. "Yes... But trust me sweetheart... You dont want him... What does a fine piece of ass need with an idiot like Jensen... I can make you see stars..." He says and i look at him and squint my eyes... 

"Maybe i like idiots... Maybe i like a man who can make me laugh... But seriously... What is his relationship status? Is he seeing someone, married, single...?" I say and the man laughs... "Of course, not... He is an idiot... He has no game..." He says and i roll my eyes... "Oh and you do?" I say rolling my eyes again. "I got game..." He says and i laugh at him... "Well, good luck with that. I think the skanks over there will fall for your... game... They seem easy enough..." I say and stand up putting my empty drink on the bar and walk away from him and towards his friend Jensen... I can hear him curse as i walk away and i chuckle... "Idiot..." I mumble...