Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby

The Temptations - My Girl
Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover
Coldplay - Yellow
Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love
Harry Styles - Adore You
The Cardigans - Love Fool
Sam Cooke - You Send Me
Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman
Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Hozier - Work Song

My thumb kept scrolling through the playlist Pedro made me. I stopped when I saw a song that I needed to hear.

'Nothing's gonna hurt you baby, as long as you're with me you'll be just fine.'

Cigarettes After Sex played through my AirPods. I remember when I first saw it on the playlist and got excited that Pedro knew who they were. When I text him to ask him about it, he replied,

"I didn't know it. I'd never heard of them. When we were going to Lake Tahoe and I was falling asleep, I heard it. I liked the lyrics. They made me think of how I felt about you."

I was walking around the shopping centre in downtown L.A. I wasn't after anything in particular, I'd already grabbed the new running trainers and some gym wear that I'd wanted to get. But I didn't feel like going home just yet. It had been 2 and a half weeks since Pedro left. I was listening to the playlist he made me. It helped to distract me from knowing he wasn't home. I missed him so much. We kept in contact daily. Sometimes it would be a couple of texts, sometimes only one or two. But he was sure to call me every night, my time, to say goodnight to me. It made me realise how much he cared for me and I felt so lucky. As if he could sense I needed him, the song was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Pedro!

"Hey honey." Pedro's beautiful face filled the screen. He looked gloriously tanned and glowy. Though his magnetic brown eyes were slightly red, I could tell he was tired.

"Hey babe. You look so good!" Seeing him made me realise just how much I missed him. It hurt my heart that I wouldn't be going home to him. That he wasn't at his apartment just a few blocks away from me. He was across the world. It was unnerving how much I wanted to be consumed by this man. I wanted to spend every second of every day with him.

"Thank you, darlin'. I'm so tired!" He giggled and as if on cue, he yawned and rubbed at his red eyes. My baby!

"Do you want me to leave you to sleep?"

"Absolutely not. I miss you. I'll take seeing your face on my phone over sleep any time."

"You let me know when you need to sleep, OK? You'll see me soon." But soon wasn't soon enough.

"Two more weeks. I can't wait to see you. I wanna spend the whole day just lying in bed with you. Can we do that?"

"Of course." The thought of this man wanting nothing but the simplicity of spending the day with me when he got home made me feel an unbelievable amount of love towards him. I felt my bottom lip wobble.

"Eleanor? Are you OK?"

"Yeah. I'm just really missing you. It's been a little difficult this time. I'm fine though." I said as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Baby, please don't cry. Awww, I wish I could hug you." His words made me cry harder. "Oh Eleanor! I love you."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." The realisation of how pathetic I must have looked and sounded made me giggle. "I must look so pathetic crying in public. I've got a bad bitch reputation to keep up!" I joked, using my sleeve to wipe my face.

"You are and always will be a bad bitch, honey." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. "I wish I could be with you. As soon as I can, I'll be with you OK?"

"I know that. I'm just being silly. I want you to enjoy yourself and I don't want you to worry about me. Honestly, I'm OK. Are you having a good time?"