Chapter 4: Media Frenzy and Hidden Clues - Part 02

Aiko Suzuki remained in a state of unconsciousness, her form strapped securely in a car seat designed for infants. The person responsible for her abduction glanced back with an eerie tenderness, their voice adopting a saccharine tone. "Shh, baby Jajá," they cooed, a perverse juxtaposition of affection and malevolence. "We've arrived home."

The unsettling tranquility of the situation hung heavily in the air as the vehicle navigated through the city's darkened streets. Aiko's limp figure was a stark contrast to the nefarious scheme that had ensnared her. She was but a pawn in a game of shadows, a role she hadn't chosen but was now forced to play.

Meanwhile, in another corner of the city, Detective Koda arrived at the designated location. He surveyed his surroundings, his demeanor tinged with an unmistakable disapproval of the glamorous idols and their lavish settings. The opulent ornaments and extravagant decor clashed with his pragmatic sensibilities. "I never did like these idols," he muttered under his breath, casting a critical eye over the scene.

Approaching the rendezvous point, Koda met with Aiko's agent, Noba, who was now tasked with sharing crucial information about the case. As the two men conversed, Noba relayed details about the security systems in place, the logistics of Aiko's performances, and the people who had been in her immediate circle. Each piece of information was a thread that Koda would later weave into the intricate tapestry of the investigation.

However, their exchange was interrupted by the arrival of a young woman. Her presence was marked by an air of determination, and she carried herself with an unwavering confidence. Koda's discerning eyes observed her closely as she approached. This was Mizuki, a young policewoman who had been assigned to assist Koda in the investigation.

Koda, a lone wolf by nature, was quick to dismiss the notion of working with a partner. "I work alone," he asserted firmly, his voice devoid of compromise. It was a principle he held dear, one forged through countless cases where he had relied solely on his instincts and intellect.

Mizuki, however, met his resistance with unwavering resolve. "Police rules," she replied succinctly, her voice a reminder of the unyielding framework within which they operated. Despite Koda's reluctance, the reality of the situation was clear—the investigation demanded cooperation, and Mizuki was here to ensure that rule was followed.

With an air of begrudging acceptance, Koda shifted his focus. He knew that working with Mizuki might be an inevitable necessity, but that didn't deter him from pursuing the truth with his characteristic tenacity. As the night deepened, the stage was set for their partnership—a dynamic that would be tested in the crucible of deception, hidden clues, and the relentless pursuit of justice.