Part 3: Thank You

[A/N: THIS ONE IS SUPER LONG!]

As their time in Junkertown neared its end, Ana reported back to Overwatch, specifically to Jack Morrison, about the progress of their humanitarian mission. "Jack, we've almost completed our mission here. We'll be heading home in about a week," Ana informed him.

Jack Morrison, the former soldier turned Overwatch leader, responded, "Good work, Ana. The team is looking forward to your return."

"I will keep you updated until that time,"

Someone barge into the intercom, Reinhardt. "ANA! ANGELA! HOW IS JUNKERTOWN?! Woah you look tired."

Angela who's sitting on her bed, with coffee in her hand just laughed. "Haaah... Well I got black out drunk and someone had to carry me all the way here. That was really embarrassing of me,"

Reinhardt is baffled to see her this washed up from just drinking alcohol there. "You shouldn't be drinking whatever they give to you! Who knows what these junkers consume in their beer."

"I suppose you're right, I should be more careful with what I consume."

"A gentlemen knocked on our door last night, carrying her in his shoulder. Reinhardt is right, be careful with what you consume, Angela." Ana chuckled, remembering what happened last night.

With their mission winding down, Mercy had one last thing on her mind. She wanted to see Roadhog again, to thank him for taking her home safely after the night she got blackout drunk. However, she couldn't find him anywhere in Junkertown. She approached the bartender, asking for information."

Have you seen Roadhog?" Mercy inquired.

The bartender shook his head. "He's gone off with his new friend, Junkrat, a troublemaker in the city. He was yapping around about treasure and everyone was beating him up about it. Roadhog stepped in, saved him and went off just moments ago. You missed him by a minute."

Disappointment washed over Mercy. She wanted to bid him farewell before they left."

When do you think he will be back?"

"Who knows? For I know they probably will never return, but he's a tough guy so he will come back I believe." He cleaned the last glass and put it on display.

Days passed, and still, Roadhog didn't return. On their last day, both Ana and Mercy expressed their gratitude to the Junker Queen for the warm welcome they had received in Junkertown."Thank you for having us," Ana said with a genuine smile.

The Junker Queen nodded. "You've done good work here, Overwatch. Safe travels."

Angela nods. "Providing healthcare for areas where they need it is important for us. Maybe one day we can send more agents here to help for another humanitarian mission."

"I don't think we will need your help twice in a row. We'll be fine!"

As a sleek Overwatch airship landed in front of the city, Ana boarded first, while Mercy kept an eye on their belongings being loaded onto the ship. Deep inside, she wished Roadhog would appear to say goodbye.

Then, in the distance, she spotted a loud motorcycle emitting smoke from its engine. A smile spread across her face as she recognized the rider, Roadhog. She waved her hand and shouted his name, not caring if he could hear her or not. Ana turn around to see her waving her hand and shouting Roadhog's name loudly, hoping he will hear her."

Oh Angela... You made a nice friend here, haven't you?"Roadhog and his partner, Junkrat, saw the massive Overwatch ship and assumed it was there to pick up Mercy and Ana. He noticed Mercy waving to him as she flew into the ship. The door closed, but not before Mercy shouted her gratitude.

"Thank you, Roadhog!" She couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth, knowing that even in a place as rough as Junkertown, connections and friendships could be forged.

The big guy just look behind... Wave his hand back and speak under the mask that muffled his voice, "You're welcome, doc."

"ROADHOG! ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH THAT OVERWATCH LADY?!" Junkrat caught that interaction.

No response, he ignored his rambling friend.