veintiocho

Riley sat on the curb in front of Mariah's house with Imani. They shared a bag of hot fries and sipped pineapple sodas as loud rap music came from the house. It was a hot day so the whole street was outside.

"Did you hear about Giovanni asking your sister to homecoming?" Imani asked her.

Riley laid back on the concrete sidewalk. "Really? She was just dating that basketball player."

"Your sister is a hoe."

She slapped Imani on the arm but still laughed. She already knew that. Deja, Mariah, and Rochelle walked out of the house wearing itty bitty shorts and shirts that looked like bras. Riley rolled her eyes, she knew if her mother or uncle was here, Rochelle would be in a sweater and jeans. But when was her mother ever here.

"Cause she hold me downnnn every time I hit her up! When I get right I promise that we gonna live it up! She make me beg for it till she give it up! Ayeeee this my shit!" Deja exclaimed as the song came on the radio and started to do a little twerk.

Riley shook her head, laughing when her eyes landed on a guy across the street. He was a brown skin cutie with a temporary grill in his top teeth. He had tattoos over his arm and even a tear under his eye. This man was attractive and obviously somebody serious, the way the whole street radiated to him.

"Who that?" Riley heard her sister ask.

"That's King's right hand man." Mariah answered, holding a swisher she had stole from her mother's drawer. "He always at that house over there. King too."

Deja licked her lips and stared at the man. "Damn he fine."

The blue Lamborghini that had the whole city in awe drove down the street, engine roaring as it stopped in front of that house. The butterfly door flew open and everyone stared. "Is that...." Imani started to say.

"King." Deja and Mariah finished at the same time.

This got Riley's attention as she looked over. She had never seen the famous King before, only heard many stories.

He stepped out the car with his own swagger. His hair was covered with a Lakers SnapBack and he also wore a Lakers jersey. The Jordan Grapes' sat on his feet and the chains on his neck moved as he walked over to his right-hand man.

Every woman and some men that stared his way salivated - he was so good looking. Deja shrilled loudly and moved her hand like a fan. "Bitch it just got hotter!! That man is fine!"

The others agreed with her. Riley was quiet as she continued to watch this man. He dapped his friend and a few others. She watched as he laughed, his perfectly white teeth on display each time. The way he nodded at a lady who handed him a lighter for his joint and his mouth form the word 'thanks'.

A few people went up to him showing respect and he was respectable back. She knew that right know he was being friendly towards the city folk because the stories she had heard portrayed him as ruthless, scary.

Five minutes later, he had gotten his high, and returned to his car with the right-hand. "Oh my God... Look this way! Look this way!" Mariah squealed.

Deja coughed loudly, Mariah turned her music up and Rochelle clapped heavily all to get King's attention. He didn't pay it any mind though or he didn't hear as he got back in the car and drove away.

Riley had fell from the daze she was in as soon as he left. She blinked twice and looked towards Imani who was already looking at her.

"He is cute huh?" Imani teased.