dos

Riley's sneakers hit each water puddle on the sidewalk as she walked, causing a splash. She didn't care about her shoes becoming dirty because Uncle Mike had all sorts of cleaners for that.

One thing she hated more than liars was walking home from school. She didn't know who would be watching her from a distance or what loose dogs would chase her. It was way too dangerous.

Her sister was supposed to walk with her according to mama but Mariah had a car, her mom's hand me down Honda Civic and that's what they were riding in after school each day. But that was just fine with Riley. The backseat of that car probably has every known STD.

"Riley!" Giovanni, a cute Italian and black boy that was a senior at the local high school screamed to catch her attention. He was also rumored to be the guy to finger Rochelle in the school library. "Whats up baby girl? You want a ride home?"

She looked him up and down, taking in his annoying Gucci belt and LV jeans. Nigga looked just like everybody else. When she didn't answer him, he took it upon himself to walk up to her. He had a bag of Tropical Skittles in his hand and a smirk on his face.

"I said, do you need a ride baby?"

Scrunching up her face, Riley looked at him like he had lost his damn mind. "I am not your baby."

"I don't want you walking home when I have a fully equipped vehicle. I won't even ask for gas money."

Something told her to keep walking but hey, he was offering. She rolled her eyes and huffed. "Fine."

He smiled and motioned for her to follow him back across the street where his 1994 Benz was. They got in and he started driving to the direction of her apartment. How he knew where she lived? Knowing Ro, she probably snuck him in before.

"Where your sister at?" He asked, pouring the skittles in his mouth.

"I don't know." She answered nonchalantly and shrugged.

Giovanni glanced over at her. "Probably sucking grown men dick." Riley's eyebrows lifted in confusion. Her sister was fucking with a grown man? Now she had kept plenty of secrets from Uncle Mike and Momma but this.... no. She would snitch on sight. "Deja been talking about how she going to some party with some grown dude. Post to be hot or whatever, King supposed to be in attendance. You heard about that?"

King. The sexy, yellow, dangerous man who ran the streets of Seattle. Everybody knows him and we all respect him. Riley had only seen him once when she was at Mariah' s house with Rochelle. He had parked in front of the house across the street. His blazing car caught her eye, he reeked of money and power. He didn't look at the teenage girls, even though the oldest three were wetting themselves just by looking at the nigga and were willing to do anything for him.

"No, I didn't. Rochelle's going?"

Giovanni shrugged a shoulder and parked in the lot of the complex. "I don't know. But I'm tryna get invited to that bitch."

"Oh. Well I'll see if she's going for you...?"

He grinned lightly at her then unlocked his doors. She opened her side and swung one leg out when he grabbed her arm gently. "You know, I'm not fucking with your sister, right?"

Riley looked at his hand that was gripping her arm then up to his face. Why was he touching her? And why did he think she cared about him fucking her sister? Because she didn't at all. "I don't really care, Giovanni."

Chuckling, he let her go, feeling shot down. A freshman?? Curved by a fucking freshman? He was going to get her sooner or later, it was a bruise to his ego. "Right..."