misunderstanding

Fourth anxiously fiddled with the water glass he held in his hands. Observing his two friends doing that had caused him to become preoccupied, lost in his own thoughts while they patiently awaited his return. It wasn't uncommon for Fourth to completely space out when deeply contemplating something. Although he possessed an extraordinary ability to process numbers, comprehending human interactions required the full attention of his mind.

After several minutes of silence, Fourth finally spoke up. "So... does your tongue just know what to do when you kiss?" His mind often transitioned seamlessly from one topic to another, unaware that those around him were not privy to these internal musings.

Winny was astonished by this sudden shift: "How did we go from talking about being in a relationship to french kissing?" he wondered aloud.

Satang cautioned Winny with a meaningful glance and responded calmly, "Don't worry too much about it. Once you reach that stage, it will come naturally." Winny simply contributed a "sure," not wanting to anger his boyfriend. But it was clear he wanted to give his friends more advice.

Fourth reluctantly dropped the topic. However, he found himself filled with numerous questions. This was all unfamiliar territory for him and truthfully, he had never bothered paying attention to such matters before. It was only when he witnessed Gemini playing football - soaked in sweat and drinking water from a bottle afterwards - that he realized the profound impact this man had on him. Particularly in his nether regions. And now, Fourth found himself playing catch-up with all those things that were considered normal by those around him.

"Anyway, how do you feel about not going to the mall today?" Satang expressed a hint of concern regarding this matter. Even though Fourth always maintained that it didn't bother him if they decided against going, Satang knew deep down that adhering to their usual routine helped Fourth cope mentally.

"It's okay," replied Fourth while averting his gaze. He truly was fine with it but still felt somewhat on edge. He knew everything would be alright; tomorrow he would accompany Gemini to buy new shoes after all. It wasn't the end of the world, yet there was an underlying sense of unease lingering within Fourth's mind. It shouldn't be a big deal, right?

"I'm going tomorrow anyway," explained Fourth further upon seeing his friend's perplexed expressions."Gemini invited me along to buy new shoes for him."

Suddenly, Fourth remembered leaving Gemini behind at campus. He abruptly rises from the couch. "I completely forgot about Gemini at campus!" he urgently informed his friends before swiftly leaving the apartment without uttering another word.

"Let's hope that Fourth never ends up having a child that he can forget," Winny softly murmured to himself.

"Have you ever heard anything regarding Gemini's... well... sex drive?" Satang suddenly asked with intrigue.

Confused by this unexpected question, Winny responded with bewilderment. "How on earth would I know about that?"

Voicing his concern for their friend's well-being, Satang expressed worry that Gemini might potentially pressure Fourth into something he was clearly not ready for.

Soothingly caressing his boyfriend and planting gentle kisses behind his ear, Winny offered reassurance while suggesting: "Maybe for once you should have some faith in Fourth and let him handle this?" With a playful tone in his voice, he suggested continuing where they had previously left off together before Fourth let himself in.

~*~

Gemini entered the kitchen and witnessed New and Tay engaged in playful banter while preparing dinner together. This weekly tradition had been ongoing for more than ten years. If Tay was in town that was. If not, Gemini tried to take his place as often as he could.