CHERRY COLA pt II

So what do we think of the Cherry Cola chapters? They're obviously not episodes; just original pieces of Ronnie's story. Any thoughts? I'm dying to hear! (Also note the other author note at the bottom of the chapter)

Ronnie's heartbeat pounded in her ears. Cho's blood dried on the skin of her hands and clotted under her fingernails.

The smear of blood still stained the wall where he'd been sitting after he fell.

The EMTs had helped him out of her apartment fifteen minutes ago, and yet she still sat on her knees next to where he'd been sitting.

"I'm so sorry, Cho," she'd chanted, pressing her own sweatshirt to the hole in his side. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to."

He'd closed his eyes and thrown his head back, the little cut on his cheek dribbling blood into his collar.

"I'm so sorry." She'd been crying.

She'd shot him.

Cho. Her partner. Her best friend.

Her mother had walked into her house and regained control over her with three little words, and she'd shot her own partner.

"I didn't mean to, Cho."

His hand closed over hers, and then he was staring into her eyes. "Come with me to the hospital."

"What?"

"You can't talk to anyone yet. Come with me to the hospital."

Ronnie shook her head, confused. "I have to wait for Lisbon. I shot you, Cho. It's over."

She'd be fired. She'd be charged. She'd go to prison.

Carla Masters won.

Cho didn't let go of her hand. "Don't talk to anyone, Masters."

That's when the paramedics arrived. They'd taken him away and offered to let her ride to the hospital with him.

She'd refused.

She was the one who shot him. She had to wait for Lisbon.

the MENTALIST

"Ronnie, are you okay?" Jane was the first person in her apartment after the local police cleared out. He found her exactly in the same place, shell shocked.

He entered her line of sight when he knelt in front of her, one hand on her arm and the other pushing hair out of her face. "Ronnie? Can you hear me?"

She blinked, sucking in a breath like she'd been holding it.

Jane was in front of her, holding her face in his hand, and Lisbon's face appeared over his shoulder.

"Masters, are you hurt?" Lisbon questioned, gazing around the crime scene that was Ronnie's kitchen.

Ronnie let Jane help her up scrubbing her hands on her pajama pants. She swiped the backs of her hands under her eyes to clear the tears and shook her head.

Before she could say a word, Lisbon raised her hand. "Don't answer that. Go to the hospital, get checked out."

Confusion crossed Ronnie's face. "No, I—"

Lisbon stepped in closer, eyebrows lowered in earnest. "Don't say a word, Ronnie. I didn't get a chance to get your side of the story. You're at the hospital getting checked out. Do you understand me?"

Go to the hospital. Don't say anything on the record. Regroup with Cho.

"Yes ma'am." Ronnie murmured, turning to find her shoes. She didn't bother getting dressed.