Canceling out

"I can't believe you are already going to college," said Jane, Nichole's aunt.

"I know," Jane mumbled, sighing.

"What's wrong?" Jane asked a worried expression in her voice.

"Nothing, it's just I wish my parents were here to see this." Nikki mumbled on the verge of tears.

Aunt Jane looked down at her niece and rubbed her back feeling pity for her loss. "They are always with you Nikki, you know that."

"Yeah, well I guess I better get going then."
------- 4 hours later--------
As I get out of the car I see people running and playing screaming and jumping. It's nauseating to look at.
"I'm not sure I can handle this," I said to my best friend Sarah."why, this is where we are going to spend the next four years of our life!" "this is where it begins". "Where what begins, you sound so stupid right now" I said.
" IDK man I was just living in the moment bro!" said Sarah with a smile wiped across her face.
" Whatever lets just go find our room," "ok :)" said Sarah. "Um excuse me" "miss?" "Miss?" "MISS!"
"Ummmmmmmmm yeeeeeeeeessssss?" Said the slightly wasted girl in a stained yellow shirt with lipstick all over her face who looked like the jokers twin. " whaaaaat dooo youuu waaaant?" She sounded like Kim Kardashian.
"CAN I JUST GET THE KEY TO MY ROOM!" I said so fed up!
"Suuuuuurrrreeeee." As she turns to grab the key I see a tall dirty blonde boy with a beanie and a lip ring pass by. Sarah elbows be in my ribs and I dropped to the floor. The boy turns both ways to see where the loud thump came from. We make eye contact and he comes to help me up. "Wow you really fell hard there." He said with a faint laugh. His Australian accent was so cute. "Ye." I said trying to be cool. "what's your name?" I asked. "I'm Luke, and you?" "Hmm?" i replied not paying attention. "Your name?" "Oh I'm Nichole" "ok then I will see you around." "Okidoki," I said. Crap I thought in my mind. He laughed then walked away. "Shit I fucked that up" I told Sarah " dude I know , she said with a a smirk across her face. finally we get to our room, and there he is in my room. "ummm is this a co-Ed dorm? I asked. "I guess it is," he said. "Ummm Nichole? what about me?" Sarah asked. " Oh yea umm lets go see about that" we walk our way down and asked someone at the front table what to do about the room sharing then I ask them if I have to share a room with a dude. "Ummm I can give her a new key buuuuuut I can't do anything about the girl boy situation" "UGH" I say out loud. We walk back up and I walk into my room to see Luke with a guitar in his hands and a bunch of different band posters all across the walls. "Bye Nichole" Sarah said rolling her eyes. "So what do we do now?" I said.
"Ummmm, want to go get something to eat?" "Sure" I said.