two

|Nivea|

The next day I got us up early so we could go run errands. The first stop was the grocery store, then I headed to the DMV to order a new car tag.

"Alright Ms. Holmes, you should be receiving that tag in about 2 weeks." The lady said to me handing me a temporary tag.

"Is there any way I can expedite it?" I asked taking it from her and she just shook her head no. I was a little anxious about that, but I figured the temporary tag would help us stay hidden long enough.

Our next stop was the furniture store, I looked at nice furniture that was still reasonably priced and went ahead and paid for it. By the time we got back to the apartment I had used just about all the cash I'd brought with me.

I had bought grocery, but I did not have the energy to cook, so we went to have dinner with Ms. Yvette again. She reminded me a little bit of my mother, so it was refreshing to have her to talk to.

Going to bed early was becoming KK and I's routine, as we laid on the pallet once again. "Tomorrow you gone have your big boy bed to sleep in." I said quietly to him, making him clap and smile. I held him in my arms waiting for him to start to drift to sleep.

"Goodnight mama, I love you." He said, making my heart smile "Goodnight KK, mommy loves you more." I said, placing a kiss on his forehead.

He was always going to be my reason to keep going.

The next day, we were up early once more because the furniture was getting delivered today. I was longing for the day where we could sleep in, but it wouldn't be coming anytime soon. As I was walking out to tell the movers where to go and made eye contact with a man walking into Ms. Yvette's apartment. I figured that was the guy from the neighborhood she'd briefly mentioned to me and shrugged it off.

I guess we'd run into one another eventually.

Dayvon Bennett

I walked in Ms. Yvette spot seeing she was sitting on her couch watching her shows.

"What I done told you bout leaving your door unlocked?" I asked and she only looked up for a second to look at me.

"Hey Dayvon" she greeted me casually and I moved to sit next to her.

"Aye Ms. Yvette, who the new neighbor?" I asked. I had only really caught a glimpse of her, but she had me curious.

"She's a real sweet girl. If you hang around for dinner, you can meet her yourself."

I was really just supposed to be stopping by to check on her, but now I had to stay to figure out who lil folks next door was. Then I wasn't gone never complaining about getting a plate from here, probably some of the best food I ever had in my life.

Dinnertime needed to hurry up and get here.