Chapter One

Zen

The man threw the papers on the floor, his pencil along with it. His teeth grinded against themselves, and he tried to maintain his composure.

Another full page, lost because it wasn't good enough. He had gone back and forth with his editor about how his romance in his book was.

That fucking woman had no clue how to write, what does she mean my romance is dry? He let out a slight growl, pressing down on his temples to stop the headache the lady had given him.

Zen, 32 years old had aspired to be a writer since he read his first book. He wondered how the author thought up a whole world with no limits to imagination, how he could create something so beautiful with a few descriptive words.

He sighed, unblocking his editor and calling her back.

"Now are we willing to listen?" She hummed through the phone, Zen let out a sigh of frustration, trying not to let her get to him.

"Shut up and tell me what's wrong."

Zen had issues and he knew. He had a girlfriend once, and turns out she was cheating on him. There wasn't some deep story to why he acted how he acted, he just didn't enjoy the company of others when he could make the company of others.

He fiddled with his pencil, ready to draw out the next few panels.

Turns out he had a passion for art, and recently, he's been learning how to draw manhwa. His mother is proud of these facts though she doesn't know the exact genre of it, she is proud to know that America didn't take all his roots, that he can at least connect back through art. He sighed, letting the pencil fall to the ground.

He had no clue how the women should act. Should she be shocked at the fact she had to move in with the man? Or should she be horny? Or should she be sad because she is being dragged from her friends to live with a man she's supposed to be "married to". He tossed his head back, his jet black hair fell with it, letting cool air flow to his face. He closed his eyes, taking deep breaths and thought of the first romance book he ever read.

It was a book about a young girl who grew up knowing a fox. The fox was actually a man, and he took care of the young girl until she was able to care for herself. The fox was ready to continue its journey, and he waved goodbye to the woman. The woman loved the fox though, and decided that she could not let him leave without professing that love. She followed him day and night, not taking no for an answer. The fox had never felt love before, he thought that maybe he could, in the end, maybe he could love her.

He smiled, thinking back to that fox, thinking back to the way she described him through the art.

His coat was sheen.

A drawing of the fox bathing flashed his mind, his pristine skin under the water which looked warm, it was lit only by the moon.

I could feel his love for me, even if he couldn't.

Zen could remember the drawings of the fox, how his eyes would always be on her, how he would always protect her. Zen let his eyes flutter open, and realized that he had slept in his seat.

He tried to get up, his body aching everywhere. He looked at the clock, realizing he had woken up right at the time he would go to the gym. He smirked at the convenience, and stretched, as much as he could, before taking the run to the Galaxy Fitness near his place. He could feel the eyes on him already, he put on his cold face, making his way to the treadmill.